#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

How to kindly decline Valentine's gift when not interested?

1016

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• What's your reason behind declining the gift? Because if I spend 40-60 dollars on chocolate and roses because I think your cute even if you would rather die than date me, I want you to keep the roses and chocolate and I'll be pissed if you don't. I'll mend my broken heart with a tub of ice cream and Lifetime. THE worst possible thing and I will forever label any girl who does this as a bitch (I don't like to swear so I'm dead serious about this) is if you make a handmade, thoughtful gift or you go out of your way to do something nice for someone and they say "not interested or I have a boyfriend" while that might be true and I appreciate your honesty, FUCK YOU!!! Id much rather you say, thank you so much for the gift, I'll be sure to share this chocolate with my boyfriend or aww how cute you made me a scarf or 'insert generic homade food here' I unfortunately won't wear it since I see you as barely more than a stranger, but I'll take it anyways and give it to someone else, but that food you made? Hell yeah, I'll eat it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Girls Said 9

• its rude to decline a gift especially if the guy/girl has especially bought it or made it for you. be appreciative and grateful that someone is willing and likes you enough to go out of his/her way to get you something. of course if you're not into it you can tell them that there is no need to buy one for you.

• Say “Thanks for cherishing our friendship. I hope my current crush gets me something.” Lol they’ll get the hint ur not interested

• Who gets unwanted V-day gifts? I can guarantee no one is giving me anything, and I'm supposed to have a boyfriend.

• I would say thank you, but I'm not interested. If they persist, I'd say I am uncomfortable receiving gifts (and it's true).

• I would say thank you but no thank you. I do not want to give you any false hope or the wrong opinion about myself.

• "Uhm thank you so much for your gift but I can't accept it, at least not now"

• Omg thank you so much, you are an amazing friend

• "Thanks. You are a great friend"

What Guys Said 15

• maybe not KIND in a matter of speaking, but not plain rude either... you simply get up, go straight to your closet, but instead of picking out clothes, step inside and close the door from the inside... get comfortable and sit tight until the next day-ish... .:-)

• Kind honesty is best. Be grateful for his/her thoughtfulness and generosity. Especially thank them for his friendship.

If he/she tells you that he/she has romantic feelings (in so many words and/or gestures) be honest about your feelings towards them. Rip off the band aid. Be kind but direct. No subtlety. Let them process and move on.

• I think that you can graciously accept the gift without saying anything accept thank you. The look on your face and your body language will let them know how you feel. Most effective communication is non verbal. If the person persists with another gift or doesn't take your nonverbal hint then tell them that you are not interested.

• It can be rude to decline a gift sure, but you come first over anyone else. If you are comfortable with receiving the gift just say something along the lines of, "I'm flattered, but I simply cannot accept this". Be firm and do not give in if you're serious about not wanting to receive the gift.

• U could say thanks but ypu don, t feel comfortable accepting. Cause your not into them like that
    I don't know.

• Dont decline gifts, always be thankful and be kind yet firm in letting the sender know you are not interested in dating

• I think there's no nice way but you just can't like brutally honest, maybe just saying something like 'thank but no thank you' should be enough.

• "Oh I love you too! Your the greatest friend I could ever ask for" the person will be enlightened by the positive outset with a feeling of melancholy

• Why would you lead someone on anyway they should know you do not like them well before they start all the mushy stuff

• Be kind anyway... n say no. Y waste energy on explaining.

• be honest, keep it short,

• Kill their fucking parents.

• You don't.

• Say you don't want it

• "Oh so sweet from you, but I can't take it"