#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Giving him a stuffed animal for Valentine’s Day, is it gay and just for girls or is it fine?

So I want to give my boyfriend a Valentine’s Day gift particularly a stuffed bear or a stuffed puppy, a small stuffed animal but I think it’s too gay or it’s not appropriate. please help!

1033

Most Helpful Guy

• It's pretty gay. If it was me I would be happy with the gift since my girlfriend gave it to me. But as a gift I wouldn't understand why she would get me something like that and really have no idea what to do with it. I would be a little upset about it since it would mean she clearly doesn't really get me and couldn't find something more sunited to my interests. I would still be very much happy she got me a gift regardless tho. It would probably end up stored away in a box pretty fast tho, I mean what straight guy wants stuff toys laying around.

• My boyfriend has his childhood stuffed animals with him on a dresser and well I’m only 14 and I’m broke so I want to get him something cheap within my budget u know?

• Oh well if he has his childhood stuffed toys on display go for it and get him a stuffed toy. It sounds like it would be up his ally. So it probably would be a good gift for him. I just feel like the majority of men wouldn't really be interested in one. Different strokes for different fokes and all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would be a sweet and caring thing to give him a stuffed animal. I think a guy shouldn't be offended about what their girl gives them, but should take the gift with love and pride. My dad once knew a guy who walked into a bar and saw this man sitting down at the barstool wearing a pink knitted sweater. The guy walked up to him to laugh at his shirt and the guy wearing the sweater stood up and looked down on the man. Turns out the guy wearing the sweater was a huge tall muscled man. He said," my wife made me this sweater. You got a problem with that?"" In a deep voice. The man shrunk down and just said," Naw man pink looks great on you."" Sure shut that guy up.

Valentines Day

What Guys Said 32

• Dunno about at 14 but as an adult it’s fine if a woman gives a guy stuffed animal. Usually it’s more like she expects that stuffed animal to watch over her territory while she’s away. Lol.

• I've always appreciated the gifts my girlfriend gave me, even the ones that kind of sucked I still like because she got them for me.

• Wow, people put way too much thought into this. I guess I didn't think it was that bad. Get him a tiny trinket to set on a shelf if you're concerned. Maybe one of those solar powered dancing toys or the little bugs with the wobbly legs or something. There must be something available that's Valentine themed.

• it will be nice if it was from a girl i think he will never mind that it is cute way to make him think of you for example despite just giving him that have the animal or whatever you brought and hug it then tell him to keep it with him and he will never refuse hei just got a piece of your hug that will be nice

• If he likes stuff like that then it's fine. Just get him something you think he's like, no point in the stuffed animal if he will not like it, but it isn't necessarily gay or inappropriate.

• Give him an animal that will easily remind him of you. Also keep it small so he can keep it among his stuff without it being too weird.

Pillows also work as a gift for guys.

• If he likes anime or something get him a figure like that. It doesn't have to be a Teddy with hearts. He would value the other more. Just try to be thoughtful about your gift. I myself wouldn't want a stuffed animal unless it was an anime figure for my man cave.

• Well hun let me tel u valentines day is not the gift that counds but the toutght if he loves that

Then give him that its not gay nor stupid its the personal thing that makes it special

• How is that gay? Gay means when two members of the same sex are having sex with each other.

• I know right? People get so confused by this.

Gay can also mean happy which is rarely a bad thing.

(Lol)

• I know but what I mean is will it be so like weird and embarrassing for a girl to give a guy a stuffed animal?

• It's not weird or embarrassing

• Honestly I would love a stuffed animal. 1: when my girl hugs it (if I had a girl) it would constantly smell like her perfume 2:I like cuddling so it'll be perfect

• If you have seen him having something similar then he likes it so no problem, but if he doesn't have anything like that then he probably isn't into it but still i think I'd appreciate any gift from my girlfriend

• No it's ok. Valentine's day is the most controversial day regarding gifts.

• No it's fine to give him a stuff animal for Valentines Day that is cute
    for a girl to give to a guy a stuff animal , i don't see it being a deal breaker.

• Do it. I love small tokens from my girlfriend whether they be stuffed animals, a back massage, etc.

• Nah, I think its cute :) And he'll sit them somewhere and be reminded of you

• For a teenage boy, it is a bit age-inappropriate. Maybe chocolates, instead.

• What is he into? Does he like anime or video games. some guys just love whatever his woman gets him. chocolate and a sweet letter might be good.

• Depends on the animal, and personal relationship with such creature.

• It's fine, if you want to macho it up, adjust it to his interest, like a sports team logo.

• Agreed. Another option to "macho it up" (a personal fave that my wife has bought for me) is a stuffed dragon. Few things say "manly" like the raw power and majesty of a dragon, even if they are mythical

• I'm 27 and I still have my stuffed bears from when I was a kid. Nothing wrong with it.

• Depends on the guy. If you think it suits him or relates to his interests, go for it!

• It's not something I'd ask for or particularly want, but I find it cute and it shows you care

• Maybe a watch or even a ring could do it. Just in my view

• No, stuffed animals are cool as long as it isn't corny.

• Its ok, but don't make it a sissy kind of doll.

• im pretty sure, he would hate that

• Toys for children.

• Nothing wrong with that.

• Fine

• Gay as f. Give him a nintendo cartridge

• Show more from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 9

• It's not a bad gift but make it a non traditional animal. Like the commmon bear is maybe a no go. I got my boyfriend an Alpaca for VDay lol

• Yeah lol I was thinking like a dog

• He likes clownfish but I don't know where I can find that u know?

• And well he has 2 Boston terriers so

• I wouldn't be set on a stuffed animal for him, I got my husband one once as kind of a joke because it was supposed to be big foot and they had literally the same hair, my husband has massive curly thick hair, and he liked it but I wouldn't normally get him a stuffed animal, the past several Valentine's days I have gotten him watches and sunglasses, he's a big watch sunglass guy and he loved those gifts

• Gay? Well unless you expect him to start fucking other dudes after giving him a teddy, then it’s not that gay.
    I think he’d appreciate the thought but maybe try to customize it a bit more. Like get him a BB8 if he likes Star wars or something.

• I find men prefer food. Cookies, cupcakes, pretzels im the shapes of x's and o's. Girls prefer cute stuff. Men prefer food. This is only a general rule. There are alwats exceptions.

• I have my crush a stuffed animal for Valentine's last year. He was embarrassed by it. I don't know how to love

• Give him a nice pillow scented with your favourite perfume. He will cuddle it all night <3

• You know him a lot better than we do. What do you think he would actually enjoy owning? A stuffed animal may be a great gift for him, but maybe he'd prefer something else, like an action figure or a different kind of toy. Stuffed animals are a traditional Valentine's day gift but there's no reason why you can't give something else instead. The point of a gift should be to think of the person who you are getting the gift for and choose something that you really think they'll love and feel excited about.

• I mean I’m broke and I’m going out my way to get him something. I want something cheap cuz it fits my budget u know?

• I understand. It's really thoughtful of you to get him a gift when you don't have much money. But that just makes it even more important to make sure you don't waste your money on something that's not the right gift for him. You can find a lot of different kinds of gifts that are small and inexpensive. I personally feel that choosing the right gift- something he is interested in- is more important even if it means getting something smaller. I'm not saying that a stuffed animal is definitely the wrong choice. Just that you should consider what kind of gift you think he would enjoy, because you know him.

• No lol especially for a teen boy

• Hey, I think you should give him something that he likes or would find valuable. For example, he he loves smelling good, buy him a cologne or if he loves sports, buy him a some sport equipments. it depends on his interest and since you're his girlfriend, you know much more things about him than we do.

Valentines Day