#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Do you think the Muslims are right about banning Valentine's Day?

Google it if you need details. Essentially it is occurring in India and the Middle East and protests exist in some portions of Europe. I don't think it is an American problem so I don't know if Americans would know.
  • Yes
  • No

418

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing how women are treated in a lot of those places I'm sure they would do something like that, I didn't even know they celebrated it in the first place honestly. Its nonsense to not even try to celebrate it, like its not too much of a major holiday but to go out of the way and just ban it is being extra

Most Helpful Guy

• As you haven't pointed what kind of 'Muslims' in your question, hence I'll opine on all kinds.

#1 Orthodox Muslims -People from the Muslim community who value the teachings of Koran in their daily life and follow the preaching of Prophet Mohammed. They don't hate but only disregard non-Muslim celebrations from their life.

#2 Radicals - Those who cling to the just cause of cleansing of infidels from the face of the Earth; Al Qaeda, Mujaheddin etc, tend to despise Valentine's Day or any other non-Muslim day. (But, as we dig deeper, we know they aren't Msulims in real sense, but are radically charged droids made to see nothing but hatred against others. They don't follow Koran!)

#3 Liberal Muslims - People from Muslim community who are tolerant, and accept changes and new lifestyle choices. They tend to be open towards celebrating Valentine's Day or any such non-Muslim festivities, if they wish to celebrate it.

Take it into consideration that this opinion is coming from Hindu who had done research and also presented Research Papers in International Conferences.

Good Things About Pakistan that Everybody Should Know (Part 1) ↗

Things India and Pakistan can Do Instead of Fighting ↗

What Girls Said 3

• Can we please stop banning things because of Islam? It is causing greater racial hatred within communities around the world, and making life uncomfortable for all.

• I'm a muslim myself and I love valentines day and I celebrate it and no one in my country has a problem with that
    We're normal people you know lol we date we make out we see guys lol

• All of that is against Islam. You're not even allowed to shake hands with a guy let alone make out with him (unless he's your husband). Dating is strictly forbidden. You're basically doing what Christians do, namely doing whatever pleases them and pretending the religion approves of it. What is the point?

• @TripleAce Exactly, and that's what people from all religions do!

• @aa180 of course
      because religion is not natural...

now it's all starting to make sense, if it was natural everyone wouldn't it

but from all religions, islam followers are certainly the most strict when it comes to the rules... so we tend to put more emphasis on them because they do themselves

• There is no such a thing in my country. People celebrate it.

What Guys Said 17

• Muslims are cancer to the world
    Like a virus even. They multiply, consume resources and invade

If it was up to muslims the world itself would be a living hell
    The religion seems like the work of art of the devil and the muslims are the devil's little minions trying to destroy the planet

• Banning a "holiday" that in actuality is a corporation's method of capitalizing and commoditizing love? Good for them. At least India understands that real love doesn't have to be bought or traded to be validated.

• LOL! I don't care about valentines day but out of principle, we don't ban them from celebrating their stuff why should they have a say in banning ours?

• Meh, I don't mind it. If you've got public support in the Middle East, sure ban it.

They have the democratic right to protest against it if they want to, so fine with me.

• obviously taking someones right to practice their religion is pretty moronic if you're asking for acceptance of your religion in the west at the same time...

• No, they need to stay away from our traditions. This just goes to show how the Muslims who protest our traditions are not compatible with our western cultures.

• A Pakistan court banned it as "un-islamic". I'm sure some people will ignore that edict - more power to them.

• Everything at all times everywhere should be banned. Or allow everything everywhere at all times. Mass hysteria!!

• Everything fun and sweet to muslims is a abomination...

• Jesus believed eating pork was an abomination but you don't see Christians believing the same thing..

• @aa180 sure but the new testatment gives christians the passage to eat pork without any issues

• Maybe Muslim and banning are destined to be together

• No, because any religion should not stop people from doing what they want outside of illegal acts.

• How about we just ban Islam? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Muslims are always banning crazy shit.

• BAN IT

• And yet Americans all want to cater to them here

• Hell yea nobody touches my girlfriend on Valentine's day!!

• Protestants don't accept RC saints.
    Why do they accept St Valentine?