#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

How to care of roses so they stay really fresh?

Ok, this is an update in regards to my last posts if you don't know what I'm talking about look at my last two posts. Now I've successfully ordered the roses and they are set to arrive this Tuesday on the 13. I did end up going with the pink roses since they were the most suggested. but most importantly i wanted some tips or helpful instructions on how to take care of the roses to just make sure they stay as fresh as possible for the next morning obviously watering is a most but any other tips and instructions would be helpful thank you.🙂How to care of roses so they stay really fresh??How to care of roses so they stay really fresh??

25

Most Helpful Girl

• If you buy a bouquet take them out one at a time cut the stem under lukewarm/slightly cool running water make sure to make a clean cut at an angle. Remove lower leaves since they can rot and ruin the water your roses are in-don’t remove the upper leaves. Crush an aspirin and put it in the bottom of the vase you’re going to use. Only fill the vase about half full of water and make sure that there are no leaves in the water. Do not put in direct sunlight! You do want to put them in a room where air is well circulated. You could put them in your fridge at night as long as it’s not too cold and they have plenty of room, but if you’re just dating I’d skip the fridge bit. Good luck!

Valentines Day

What Girls Said 24

• Pretty sure that they'll stay fresh as long as you handle them with care, and especially considering that they only have to be fresh until the 14th, you don't really have to do anything special. Just keep them in a vase with fresh water and they'll be fine.

• Noticed that no ones said this. I took floral class a year ago. Not saying people here are wrong. They did an outstanding job at explaining, but when you cut the roses. CUT THE STEM AT AN ANGLE. I apologize. I don't remember the degree. But just make sure its not a regular clean cut. By doing it at an angle it keeps the cells in the stem alive and has a better/easy chance of sucking the water up.

Good luck😊

• Umm. Fresh water. I had this like floral class (we made arrangements with flowers) and my floral teacher would keep them in a cool area to keep them fresh. Although I don't know how cold it should be but water alone will be good

• Ok then ill put them in a vase of some cool water not super cold but cool and maybe next to a window or something

• thanks for the help

• I usually put a little lemon juice and sugar and ice on water and put them in refrigerator at night and take them out in morning

• I've no clue. I've never had roses and had to take care of em b4

• Lol neither have that's why I'm asking for advice haha

• I'm sorry I'm of no help lol. But I'm sure the other ladies have great advice to tell you.

• Lol don't worry about it the support was enough so thanks for stopping by and taking time to answer I appreciated it🙂

• Keep them away from sunlight, they will dehydrate. Put them in fresh water, and cut off the leaves that are submerged under water.

• Wow thank you so much, this really helpful ill make sure not to put then in sunlight and cut off the leaves submerged in water thank you🙂

• I went to a roses class last week and they mentioned that after you cut your roses off the bush, fill the sink with water and cut the stems again with the ends UNDER the water. This way they will suck up the water right away in the fresh wounds. And make sure it's a clean cut. This is the only advice they gave about bouquets, so other than that I don't know. This will be my first year growing roses and having fresh bouquets. I don't have much experience yet. But the lady teaching works at the rose garden, so it's up to you to try this, I haven't tried it yet so I'm unsure if it will work.

• This might be best for just fresh cut roses, I don't know about store bought. Some flowers will come with a little packet that you can mix with the water to help the flowers last longer. If the rose blooms close then some sunlight will open them up for when you give them to your valentine.

• Thank you for the information I'm definitely listing yo what everyone has to say and am gonna follow the vest of instructions to keep the roses fresh thanks again

• My Nana is good with plants and flowers. She taught me something and its always made my flowers stay longer, and more colorful. Crush up aspirin and mix it with water and put it in the vase with the flowers.

• * Water regularly and use fresh water up to half of the stem or just before half way.
    * There is plant food that you can buy to put in the water for healthy growth just make sure it is for roses.
    * Take off any lower leaves that are below the water line to avoid rot and bacteria and leave as much leaves above the water as it helps to draw up water to keep it fresh.
    * Not in sunlight but in an aired area.
    * If the bottom/end of the stem looks damaged cut it off to improve water intake.

Good luck!

• Thank you so much, your instructions were informative and easy to follow ill make sure to follow your instructions and thank you once again

• You're welcome :)

• Hi this tip may or may not help but add a little bit of beer to the roses and they’ll look beautiful trust me

• Lol it's a bit late but thank things ended up not working out so I'll use it for next year

• I've heard that if you put a Viagra in the water, that works

• I have never been given fresh roses just artificial but I guess sunlight and fresh water and maybe fresh air?

• Ok that's is helpful ill make sure they get some fresh air and sunlight

• Awe you're so sweet for doing that! I think just keeping them in water would be fine:)

• Don't cut them off the bush. Seriously, I'd much rather a mini potted rose bush.

• Might be too late to reply, but I had a Jalapeno plant live in my closet without growing past it's early development, that it already had from when I bought it at home depot. For LITERALLY years with very little sunlight, room temperature, I live in an arid climate, and I stopped watering it on the last year..

Spoiler alert: It was still green and had barely begun wilting when I threw it in the garbage.

People kept asking me how my pet zombie was doing, and it turns out "everybody knows that" plants need supplementary nutrients; god forbid it actually survive unaided in nature..

• Make sure the water is lukewarm. Too hot or cold can shock the blooms. If you or whoever has them will be away for a while, you can refrigerate them to make them last longer (like florists do).

• I heard 1/4 teaspoon of bleach and a half table spoon of sugar.

• You should put them in a bath, in cold water, refresh, and after - everything will be fine.

• Keep them in fresh water and in a well aired area

• Freshwater, away from sunlight, and don't put hot water in the in or on it.

• Fresh water, out of sun

• I believe roses are to be kept in lukewarm water.

• Sprinkle water over them

Valentines Day