#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Is it really necessary to care about Valentine's Day?

I see all the posts giving advices to single people for Valentine's Day, and I laugh. If you don't have anything to do on Valentine's Day, just don't! Spend it like any other normal day of your life, period. Why do people make such a big fuss about it?

I actually bought some flowers for my little niece tho. She would be so excited and so happy to see them tomorrow! 😀 I don't understand why people let Valentine's Day bother them.

416

Most Helpful Guy

• People are petty and will find anyway they can to complain. Instead of just letting others live their lives like they want , they judge and hold them to the same standard in which they live.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Tbh it wouldn't be a big difference if I had a relationship either cause then I would love my guy all year and not just because I want a Valentine. Gosh it's such a shallow and disrespectful idea.

• You're welcome :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You absolutely don't. It's just a commercial holiday. Do whatever feels good to ya. So cute though that you bought your little niece some flowers. I bet she will love them!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah she absolutely loves flowers 😂 can't wait to see her tomorrow 😊

What Guys Said 15

• Exactly, for me Valentines day is just another day. If I had a girlfriend, I would have loved, cared and respected her on all the days of the year - why should I do something special for her on Valentines day?
    But then I'm forever alone..

• Necessary? No.

Over here in America, for some, it's more of a friendship-appreciation day, but in reality it makes single people feel bad and couples feel anxious

I care about Valentine's Day because in my stock market investment game I invested in a couple dating sites and oh boy are they flying high

• Valentines day is for the losers, that are un-able to move their "shit body" to ask a girl out, but in reality its the handicap to the both sides. She is not going to lower her standards just to find a guy.

• Well, following a trend won't prove anything.

But, its good to hangout with someone you liked and cherish some moments, maybe its valentine or any day ❤👼

• Nope because with her every single day will be special

• Not really. There's 365 days in a year to express your love for someone.

• Probably. You don't want cavities. I've heard they are painful, just kidding.. i say probably :/

• No, its way overrated

• No. It's just another day when you are single.

• I have never cared about V-Day.

• I agree😊

• No, it is not.

• Nope

• No x

• No, it is not

What Girls Said 3

• It's like you, why did you buy flowers for your niece? It's still making a fuss out of it, isn't it? I am single and proud of it. I love Valentine's day, it's cool how everyone does something sweet for each other... even long distance relationships too. And if I am single it great just knowing others doing something nice. I am heading to the gym. ☺

• I didn't do it for the sake of doing something for Valentine's Day. I did it cause I was buying food and there was a shop nearby selling flowers so I just thought why not buy some while I'm here.

• When living in a country like Finland the majority don't care about or celebrate Valentine's day, so definitely don't see it as something to worry about if you are not interested. It's a main stream thing because stores and restaurants profit a lot from the holiday, but it can just as easily be shut out.

• Not at all