#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Is it okay to be alone on Valentines Day?

I personally am single right now, and I seriously doubt that's gonna change by tomorrow. I don't have many friends, or social media, and I don't get out much, so its not surprising that I'm alone, but I'm just wondering what your opinion is on this subject.
  • Yes, being alone is fine
  • No, you really need to have someone
  • Depends on the situation
    Vote C

2248

Most Helpful Guy

• It is perfectly fine. The only reason why people feel like they must have someone is due to the over marketed and mass commercialization of the "holiday" that has become a 2nd Christmas of sorts. Instead of looking for someone for V-Day... look for someone who will treat you how you deserve to be treated the other 364 days too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it is! A perfect Valentine’s Day isn’t guaranteed to you, just because you are with someone. Sometimes being single, with the hope of meeting someone special, can be the most special feeling in the world!

What Guys Said 47

• No. Police will knock on your door and ask for proof that you are in a relationship and have a valentine. If you don't, you will be arrested and do 100 hours of community service 😄
    Girl, of course it's okay. There are more singles than you think. I am one of them. No one will look down on you because no one is expected to be in a relationship at all times. And you are only 17. There is no need to rush. Follow your own path instead of someone else's path.

• Nothing wrong with it, don't be so afraid of society, a lot of the bullshit it's spews out into the world is so weak and boring that it can't hold a flame to any awesome hobby. Honestly learn how to do something that requires skill and a creative mind and you'll see how all these sad things don't matter when you have that hobby to fall back on

• One of the best perks is after tomorrow, all the prices for chocolate become dirt cheap. That's a win in my book.

• Been single a while now. It's just a day, you and me aren't the only singles in the world. Just tell yourself it's a normal Wednesday. I'm in the same boat Kitty x

• It's fine, of course. Even if it wouldn't be…so what? What would happen to you? Cops show up, asking if you're single, if yes, you're going to jail? Or…what? It's like saying that 2+2 being 4 is absolutely horrible and unlawful. Sure, like reality cares. :-D

• Yea if you manage to deal with lack of affection.
    There are busy persons that don't benefit from it. Also if you are in a toxic relationship then you might not se the benefits either.
    Let's talk about my age shall we

• Nothing wrong with being single. Valentine's isn't even a real holiday. I wish people would stop stressing over the simple shit. There is nothing romantic about the day whatsoever. Everything you do on Valentine's day can be done any other day of the year. The only really neat thing about the day is maybe chocolate covered strawberries, which my friend seems to really enjoy.

• Being alone doesn't always mean that you're lonely.

I've been alone for 8 years and never had a girlfriend. I personally don't give a shit about Valentine's day. I'm just keeping myself reserved for the right one.

• There is nothing wrong with being alone on Valentine's Day. Even if you're in a relationship, its ok to be apart on Valentine's Day. There's no reason it has to be any different than any of the other 364 days of the year.

• Valentine's Day is just about spending time with someone you love doesn't have to be some sort of significant other if you love yourself then just have a day to yourself I love all my friends so I usually hang out with them for Valentine's Day

• Yes, since Valentine's Day is outdated. Do you have any clue how hard women are to be impressed?

They want the impossible.

• I think Valentine’s Day is stupid and a singles awareness day for those that are single

• Of course it is okay.
    Valentines day is just another opporutnity created by companies to generate money.
    If you really love someone you show it to them regardless what day it is.

• You're 17. Chill out. You should be focused on school and educating yourself to prepare to screen out the gauntlet of lazy weiners coming down the pipe. Hopefully your peers pressure the same thing.

• Being single is so normal. It's the Internet that makes you feel indifferent about being single

• Wait a second. Given the chance you would have dated someone just for the sake of not being alone on a Valentine's Day?

Jesus Christ, I hated teenages when I was a teenager, I still do now.

• This is a rather odd question. Assuming it is not okay, what does that imply?

• Spend some time contemplating what Saint Valentine really did.

• If you have imaginary friends then you are never truly alone.

• As much as it is hard being lonely on Valentine's day, it'd be nice if I had someone to spend it with

• More from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 21

• It's a silly Hallmark holiday. Of course it's okay! Besides, it's a school night. What are you really going to do?

• It's just a normal day that people have slammed a name on so they can sell shit. It's completely fine to be alone on Valentine's.

• I am alone too...

had to dump my boyfriend on new years day coz he was cheating on me, i caught him with 2 women, then he lied to me, telling me it was all a prank on his phone...

• I'm sorry to hear that, I hope your feeling better :(

• I made it through yesterday and last night.. I am still limping along but this sucking wound in my soul is draining me so much.

• sorry to hear that, I hope gets better :(

• Oh I am alone... lol at the gym. When you read this I'll probably be sweating and I'll probably end my day watching a sad movie like the notebook. I am proud of myself. I set my weight loss goals and the why. I feel more stronger than ever.

• Of course it's okay! Valentine's Day is just a commercial holiday, nothing more.
    Don't beat yourself up over this, it's not worth. Enjoy your day and love yourself!

• Valentines day is an opportunity for the commercial to gain money and for some people to demonstrate their love for one day. Dont let them influence you. Its really just a day.

• Is it okay not to wear a scary costume on Halloween?
    Valentine's day is mostly an emotional theme to me. It's just an excuse to openly show certain emotions. Halloween caters to fear, Valentine's day boasts love.
    Funnily enough they both have pretty unrelated origins stemming from obscure ancient religion/tradition.

Here's some stuff on Valentine's days origins www.npr.org/.../the-dark-origins-of-valentines-day

• It is better to be alone than to rush to anyone and lie to yourself with false feeling.

• It’s ok. I get to be hung over tomorrow and sleep in because I went out tonight !!! And I’m off !!

• Hey, I'm just like you, I know what it's like but trust me it's fine, definitely not the end of the world, you should show yourself some love!

• It’s fine your single there nothing wrong with it. If your happy then.

• Obviously yes

• Yes definitely! It's that important

• *It's not that important also :https://www. girlsaskguys. com/dating/a51510-don-t-waste-your-precious-time

• It's always okay to be alone

• Being alone is ok.

• It's fine... is just a regular day.

• 100%!

• Yes why not

• there are lots of people feeling the same

• Today is the day before valentines day and I spent 3.5 hours chatting with a guy in the restaurant at school and he didn't want to end the conversation but we had to end it cause I told him I had to be somewhere at 7:00.

Does he like me? Would you spend 4 hours chatting with a friend about your personal life.

• More from Girls
    1