#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

How do European people celebrate Valentine's day?

Asked the elder, why don't you celebrate the Western Valentine's day? 😶They gave me the answer is the Qixi festival in China, our own unique festival.🎀 With the evolution of the times, the culture of the world has gradually merged.🍀 The Valentine's day in the west is generally accepted by our generation. 🌹Valentine's Day is a good time for us to express love and to convey love. 💖I'm curious about how westerners celebrate this Valentine's day. And the way you express love💕How do European people celebrate Valentine's day?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Cards, gifts, restaurant. Flowers are a standard. A flowers shop is close where i live and each Valentine's day evening, i can see a line of men waiting to buy flowers xD. They park their car in wrong places just to go the flowers shop x). If you go out in the evening, you can see couples very well dressed walking together to the restaurant. Often there are a football match the same evening, for football fan it is a choice to do in their choice of dates xD.

• Which flower is more popular, roses, lilies, or what? 🌸🌹

• thanks for France ^^. Nice spots to see but sometimes foreigners are disappointed of "our" welcome. It depends the town and the people. It is like everything, it depends ^^. China should have some nice romantic things also.

• The water city in the south of China is very elegant. I'd like to go to Paris. The tower is beautiful, especially in the evening.💙

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm from Serbia and Valentine's Day here is not a big deal. It's the time when flower shops earn the most because people buy flowers, and that's about it. There are no decorations nor special events. And almost no one talks about it. It's as any other day for single people, you don't even notice. I guess some couples make a day out of it, but it's really personal and private between them only, there's no bragging or whining about it. I'm actually fascinated how other countries make a big deal out of it, it's really nice.

• Now a lot of holidays, just business profits. But it's still pretty busy in our place today. we deliver chocolate to each other. 😂I don't know if you're doing the same thing.

• Besides music festivals, we have family saint days. It is carried from father to son (and his family) and there are a lot of those saints during the year, and one family celebrates one saint. For example, my saint is "st. Jovan" (21.01.) carried by my dad and his dad (but once I get married I will celebrate my husband's saint day carried from his father). It's an orthodox tradition. People here make the biggest deal out of it, almost like Christmas. It's the time when friends and family gather to eat and drink, the host of the house prepares everything. It's usually celebrated for 3 days but we get only one day off work that day. Most households make a huge celebration out of it, with fireworks, good music/bands, special meals, special decorations, etc. It is a religious holiday so some people take it extremely and they go on a special diet a week before it (just fish and water), so that when the saint day comes they dig into all that special food (lot's of meat, usually pork). :D

• But we don't have any non religious festivals, besides New Years Eve and music festivals.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends where you are.

As with many of these commercial dates, it's the Anglophone world who have made it a big deal. Europeans are less likely to bother with it, although this will gradually change.

• mostly just gifts and a special date. here in the Netherlands it isn't that big of a thing. you see some special Valentine cards and flowers in shops but that's about it. most companies are focusing on Easter or just don't bother with Valentine's day.

• When will your Easter be held? Is it a very important Festival? 🍀(Do you have a lot of windmills there? ☺)

• I hear often that the streets here are really nice compared to other countries. if you want I could send you a message, see if it works.

• OK, I'm looking forward to your information and Dutch scenery.💙

• here in serbia we just a gift for someone we love and try to make their day better

i never cellebrated it im single

• Wow, you're in Serbia 😃We often send chocolates or flowers here. I'm single, too. I watch people give each other presents. 💕

• Chinese is easy to learn If you want to learn, I can help you. 🇨🇳🌸

• i would like to learn it !
      but how to type chineese?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!