#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be about love?

Why did we take a day that historically is about a massacre, and turn it into a day of love?

Like yeah sure love is better, but not a lot of people know about the Valentine massacre which marks this special day and we’ve turned it from a day of remembering history to being about loving your loved ones.

Yes I know some of you will say but love is better than death or some shit and yes it is, bite were so not even remotely close to actually being what Valentine’s Day actually is.

If I make any sense to anyone

013

Most Helpful Guy

• The massacre you are talking about had to do with the mafia and it was named after Valentine’s Day because that’s when it occurred. Valentine’s Day existed long before that massacre took place so you got it backwards little girl stop being so ignorant... lol

• I’m not being ignorant lol like a 150 years or something like that there was a different massacre in like Europe or something

• Fuck you

• You’re an asshole

What Guys Said 12

• Do you mean the Valentine's day massacre in 1929? Because that's named after the day not the other way around.

• Valentines isn't about a massacre... it began in ancient rome in tge army bcs roman soldier werent allowed to "mingle" so they did it in secret.

• Here is some little more information.

• I always thought it was about love and a man called Valentine

Shit I have been lied to

• I think it's now - like many holidays - it's a commercial holiday driven by retailers :)

• Tbh, today it's more about making people feel alone. It sucks...

• What Massacre are you talking about and why not a day for love World already fucked up enough

• I never understood why they chose to do this either.

• It is about love

• Ys is not about love

• I wonder how many rubbers were filled last night

• Just as December 25th was originally the birthday of Mittal so February the 14th was originally "love billet day", they wrote the names of available guys on something, not paper, there was so paper in those days, and they put them in a jar, or a bag, or something, and the single girls would randomly choose a lover. Or was it the other way round, did the guys randomly choose a girl? Either way, they were hooking up at random.

What Girls Said 0