Why should I put effort into my appearance when my husband just looks at every other girl anyway?

Anonymous
its not like I've let myself go. I'm 22, he's 23. I go to the gym 5 days a week and I'm fairly active. I do t see the point of spending an hour on my hair when it's just going to get sweaty... I shower twice a day, I wear basic make up when I leave the house. Just foundation and mascara. I dress in normal clothes. My go to outfit is usually leggings or jeans with a t shirt.
My husband is always complaining that I don't put any effort into what I look like. He says he's attracted to me, but he wants me to do my hair and wear nicer things for him. I once went to dinner with friends for a besties birthday to some really high class place. I put a lot of make up on, and my husband got upset, asking why I never put that much effort into looking good for him.
Thing is, My husband is always checking out other girls. I don't see the point in getting dressed up and putting time into myself for someone that's just going to see a girl with bigger boobs and totally forget about me in that second. Why? I'd just feel stupid all done up while my guy is checking out other girls. Why should I dress up when he's attracted to everything else on the planet and there will always be someone better looking than me in his opinion. Best to just go to the gym, stay healthy and skip all the discouragement.
Whst do you guys think?
16
15