The most frequently asked questions are listed here. If you still need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
- GirlsAskGuys is completely FREE!
You can sign up with your Facebook, Google account or email address.
Think of a great username and tell us your gender and date of birth.
If you want to add your own photo to use as your avatar, you can do that at any time!
If you signed up with your email address, you'll need to first verify that address before you can ask questions or share your opinions. Otherwise, you're ready to go :-)
GirlsAskGuys will not publicly display or share your social media account information and we will not post anything to Facebook or Google+ for you.
- You can sign in using the top right menu at any time. Depending on how you signed up, you'll then either click Connect with Facebook, Connect with Google or enter your email address and password and click Sign In.
- It's easy!
- Hover over (desktop) or tap (mobile) on the Post text/button that you see at the top of every page, and then select "Ask Question". You will be directed to the Ask Question page.
- Enter your details (if you want to). You can insert images/videos/links into your details either by pasting links directly into the details box, or by using the tool buttons on top of the details box. (You need to be Xper Level 2+ to be able to insert links)
- If you have reached your question limit but have a question to ask, by clicking "Save Draft" your question will be saved until you are ready to post it at a later time! To access a saved question, simply visit your questions page from your profile and you will see the question highlighted at the top of the page. If you have saved a draft, the next time you go to the "Ask Question" page, you will see your saved draft there. You can then post the saved draft or delete it to make a new question.
-If you are ready to post your question, click Preview Question. On this preview screen you have the option to "edit" your question.
- If everything looks great click Submit Question. Ta Da! Your question is now online awaiting opinions!
You can also tap (for mobile) the top left "hamburger" menu icon (3 lines) and click/tap Ask. Then follow the same process as above.
- Poll Questions are an exciting feature that allow you to design your own short survey or poll.
Enter a Question Title and Question Details, just like you would a regular question, and then check the "Poll" box and enter poll options.
This is a great way to get advice when you are trying to make a decision and would like input based on the choices you know you have.
- myTakes are another post type for you to share your experience and knowledge with the GAG Community. A myTake can become Promoted or even Featured; for which you will earn extra Xper points (25 Xper points for promoted myTakes, and 100 Xper points more -total of 125 Xper points- for Featured myTakes).
How to post a myTake?
- Hover over (desktop) or tap (mobile) on the Post text/button that you see at the top of every page, and then select "Share myTake". You will be directed to the Share myTake page.
- Enter your myTake Title
- Enter your details. You can insert images/videos/links into your myTake either by pasting links directly into the details box, or by using the tool buttons on top of the details box. Here you can upload images from your own device by clicking on "image" icon.(Images need to be at least 320x240 in resolution and should be less than 3MB in size. You can also insert YouTube and Vine videos, Instagram captions, and Tweet embeds.)
- Add a topic and check the boxes for Anonymity and "no opinions wanted" preferences
- After you're done entering information, click Preview myTake. You will be directed to the Preview screen where you'll be able to check and see how your myTake will appear when posted. From here, you have the option to "edit" your myTake or "Save it as Draft".
- If everything looks great click Submit myTake. Ta Da! Your myTake is now online!
You can also tap (for mobile) the top left "hamburger" menu icon (3 lines) and click/tap myTake. Then follow the same process as above.
For more information on posting Takes, check out the myTake, What’s Your Take? FAQs & More!
- There are 2 ways to post opinions:
- From the Question/myTake page simply type your response in the text field under the Question/myTake details and click send it! on Questions, Submit on myTakes.
- On the homepage, Live Feed, and on Question list pages (such as Recent Questions) you will see the "Add Opinion" link. Clicking/tapping on this link will open the opinion text box and let you send your opinion right from that page. Type your opinion and hit "Send It".
Please note that you will need to be logged in to share your opinion on a Question/myTake.
To find Questions to add your Opinions to, you can go to Feed from the top menu. In the dropdown menu, you can visit different question pages according to: Recent, Popular, Poll, Video, and No Opinions. You can also check the Live Feed, Homepage, and Topic pages by selecting one of the topics from the top menu. To find myTakes to add your Opinions to, you can go to "Feed" from the top menu and then click "myTakes." You can also check the Live Feed, Homepage, and Topic pages.
- - Go to your Profile/Settings Page (Settings page can be accessed from the top right user menu)
- Underneath "Privacy" settings you should see "Notifications" settings
- Check the boxes for which notifications you want to receive
- Click "Save"
- Making your profile private means only users you are following and who you approve to follow you can see your profile information. If you have a private profile, you will receive Follow requests, awaiting your Approval or Denial for any new Followers.
To change your privacy settings:
- Go to your Profile/Settings Page (Settings page can be accessed from the top right user menu)
- Scroll down to "Privacy" settings
- Check the "Set profile private" box to make your profile private.
- Check "Allow messages only from people I follow" to receive messages only from the users you are following.
- Check the "Hide activity from users I blocked" box if you do not want to see the site activity of users you have blocked in your Live Feed
- Click "Save" to save your changes
- Followers are site members who seem to have liked your advice and decided to follow you, so that next time when you post a question, an opinion, a reply, or a myTake, they can get notified. They are your fans! If you are uneasy about someone following your activities, no worries; you can block them.
To follow a member you can go to the member’s profile and click Follow. If someone follows you first, you can easily follow them back by clicking on the "buddy" icon in the top right corner of the "box" where their username is.
If, at any point, you would like to stop following someone, simply click Unfollow from their profile page or your Following list. On Desktop, you can also hover your mouse over a username on questions/opinions and click the Follow icon (buddy icon) to Follow them.
When another member follows you, you will see a notification next to your Follows menu item, on your profile and in your drop down menu. If your profile is private, you will receive a notification to let you approve or deny the follow request from that user.
- A Most Helpful Opinion (MHO) is an Opinion the Question Asker or myTake Owner voted as Most Helpful to them.
Users can select up to 2 MHO's for their questions and myTakes.The MHO selected opinions appear on top of all other opinions on the Question/myTake page; with a blue and pink star. To select a MHO on your post, click the "mho" icon with a star located on the bottom right of the opinion you want to select, then click "okay."
The Question Asker or myTake Owner earns 1 Xper point for selecting each MHO. So they can earn up to 2 Xper points for selecting two MHO's. The Opinion Owner awarded MHO earns 7 Xper points.
To be able to select MHO for your questions and myTakes, you must wait 24 hours after posting the question/myTake. If the Question Asker or myTake Owner does not select MHO for a gender within 3 days, the system will automatically select one or more MHO's for each gender (the system will automatically select opinions until 2 MHO's per gender are selected in total). Selection criteria is based on several different attributes. The Question Asker or myTake Owner does not earn Xper points for these auto-selections but the Opinion Owner will earn +3 Xper points.
- You can earn Xper points by sharing content on GirlsAskGuys. Xper points determine your Xper Level and the features you can use on the site.
For more info on Xper point system, such as how you can earn and lose Xper points, please visit the "Xper" tab on FAQ
- Live Feed is a tool that displays members' activity in real time. On the Live Feed, you can see all members’ activities in the topics you follow.
You can filter your Live Feed as well, making it easier than ever to go straight to what you're wanting to see! You can filter by gender and users you follow!
For example, if you click Guys, you'll see ONLY posts from guys.
Another example, if you click Girls, then choose users followed icon (buddy icon) you will see posts only from girls you follow.
When you filter by users you follow, you will see member's activity in all topics.
Your settings will be automatically saved when you leave the Live Feed so on your next visit you will see the same filter setup results.
- GirlsAskGuys reserves the right to edit content to ensure quality and to remove content that is inappropriate or abusive. We will remove content that breaks the law, is indecent or obscene, which defames anyone based on race, religion, disability, etc, or which is otherwise viewed as offensive by contemporary community standards.
A Moderator, Super Moderator, or Uber Moderator may hide your post if it is considered to be against the site rules. Or an Admin may directly remove your post. A hidden post will be re-evaulated by our Admin team who will then make a final decision to permanently remove or reinstate the post. When an admin removes a question or opinion, the member will lose 7 Xper points for that post.
When a post of yours is hidden or removed you will receive a message with a general explanation as to why your post was hidden or removed. If you think the decision was not right please send a message through Contact and we will check the decision to remove the post. Please DO NOT post Questions/myTakes asking why specific posts were removed, as those Questions/myTakes will be removed as well. Come to us with those questions :-)
Our general posting guidelines are as follows:
Adult Content Under 18 – These are posts that contain overly sexual content posted by users under 18. Our members must be 18+ to ask “how to” sexual Questions. Posts that provide too many sexually graphic details by a member who is under 18 are removed for their protection. This is sexually related content that would not be presented in a high school Sexual Education course.
For example, for those under 18, a Sexuality Question such as, "Why do guys get pleasure from nude pics?" is fine while "Best way to turn on a guy friend?" is not.
Duplicate – If you've already posted a particular Question/myTake, please do not post it again as it will be removed. If you’re wanting more Opinions, please consider sharing it via social media.
Also, duplicate accounts are never allowed under any circumstances. We only allow each member ONE GirlsAskGuys account so as to avoid clutter within the site.
Explicit – These are posts that contain depictions of overly graphic violence or sexually explicit details (text, images, videos or links) that are considered poor quality content. Full nudes and posts that encourage or glorify bestiality/incest are removed as explicit. Sexual responses to non-sexual Questions are also removed for this reason. Inappropriate comments from over 18 members directed at under 18 members will be removed as Explicit.
Grammar – If your post has so many abbreviations or spelling/grammar mistakes it will be removed. Also, please remember to post only in English. Questions, myTakes, and Opinions in other languages will be removed. However, Opinion Replies in other languages are allowed. We do have a Turkish site: KizlarSoruyor.com, and a Spanish site: EllasSaben.com. For example, “i wld luv tht 2 b awsm.” will be removed.
How Do I Look Topic - If the question or myTake should belong to the “How Do I Look” topic but instead was shared in another topic, it will be reported by our moderation team.
Member Posts – We do not allow members to talk negatively of other GAGers in posts.
For example, "[username] is a stupid jerk!" will be removed.
- ALL *Questions and Takes* about specific members in a negative way are removed as Member Posts.
No Question – Questions that lack relevancy and a genuine question our members can address are removed. These are questions that are not in question format. If you have an opinion about something or want to make a statement, consider sharing a myTake instead!
No Sexuality Topic – All sexuality related Questions/myTakes must be in one of the two sexuality topics (sexual Behavior or Sexual Health). If a sexual Question/myTake is posted without a sexuality topic, it will be reported by our moderation team.
Offensive – Our caring community does not support malicious content, people come to GirlsAskGuys to get help, not to get hurt. This includes posts that would be considered offensive to either a large group of people or attacks aimed at other specific members on the site. While we encourage lively debate, posts that antagonize other members are not allowed. Examples: “You’re an idiot.” “Go kill yourself.” “I want to rape and kill all women!”
Spam – If you include links or personal information for the sole purpose of advertisement or solicitation, your post will be removed. Posts that solicit members in any fashion are considered Spam (this would include asking for contact or other personal information).
- Questions/myTakes only asking for others to chat will be removed as Spam.
- Opinions that only say "I don't know" and "I'm here for the Xper points" will be removed as Spam.
Suicidal Tendencies - Posts that glorify suicide or questions asking how to commit suicide will be removed. This also includes posts that glorify self-harm such as cutting, engaging in eating disorders, and other harmful behavior. Members can talk about these subjects in questions as long as it does not glorify the action or ask members “how” to commit such actions. Example: “What’s the best way to commit suicide?” These posts are removed and we send the user a help message informing them how to get help.
User Under 13 - Members must be at least 13 years old to be a part of GirlsAskGuys. All posts and accounts from members under 13 will be removed from the site and their membership cancelled.