The most frequently asked questions are listed here. If you still need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
- When you see a symbol next to a username, it indicates status.
GirlsAskGuys Admin Staff
- Moderators make recommendations on what content to remove from the site. They can temporarily hide content that violates our Terms of Service, and the admins then decide if the content should remain on the site or if it should be removed.
Moderators can Hide Opinions and Replies.
Super Moderators can Hide Questions, myTakes, Opinions, Replies, and correct topics.
Uber Moderators can Hide Questions, myTakes, Opinions, Replies, and correct topics. UberMods can also temporarily freeze member accounts in cases of consistent infringement.
- Moderators, Super Moderators, and Uber Moderators are volunteer users who help keep the site fun, positive, safe and helpful by suggesting, to admins, what posts and what users should be removed from G@G.
Admins are GirlsAskGuys staff who build and manage the site, its community, and its content.
- No, Moderators cannot see who is posting anonymously.
- No, Moderators cannot cancel any GirlsAskGuys account except their own.
- Yes! All Moderators can correct a Question or a myTake's topic, making sure everything is in its right place, ensuring the people who really want to share on your Question/myTake can find it!
- We extend the invitation to become a Moderator to our top users who create quality content on the site. Reporting content against site rules and achieving a high success ratio in reporting is also very important.
You can become a top user by logging in regularly, posting interesting, informational, and useful Questions/myTakes, as well as offering Opinions to other users. By doing so, you will accumulate Xper points. After you have shown a pattern of posting Questions and/or Takes and sharing your Opinions (showing your ability to communicate clearly, give sound advice, and offer valuable information) and have made yourself a regular user on the site, we will consider you as a Moderator. Once you have done this, please contact us.
Hint: The success rate of a user's reports is an important criteria to be selected as a Moderator. You can report unsuitable content by clicking the overflow menu (3 vertical dots) in the top right corner of any post. All reports are evaluated by the admins and the success rate on reports by every user is calculated by the system automatically. A user with a high percentage of success rate on reports is more likely to get a Moderator invitation.
- GirlsAskGuys reserves the right to edit content to ensure quality and to remove content that is inappropriate or abusive. We will remove content that breaks the law, is indecent or obscene, which defames anyone based on race, religion, disability, etc, or which is otherwise viewed as offensive by contemporary community standards.
A Moderator, Super Moderator, or Uber Moderator may hide your post if it is considered to be against the site rules. Or an Admin may directly remove your post. A hidden post will be re-evaulated by our Admin team who will then make a final decision to permanently remove or reinstate the post. When an admin removes a question or opinion, the member will lose 7 Xper points for that post.
When a post of yours is hidden or removed you will receive a message with a general explanation as to why your post was hidden or removed. If you think the decision was not right please send a message through Contact and we will check the decision to remove the post. Please DO NOT post Questions/myTakes asking why specific posts were removed, as those Questions/myTakes will be removed as well. Come to us with those questions :-)
Our general posting guidelines are as follows:
Adult Content Under 18 – These are posts that contain overly sexual content posted by users under 18. Our members must be 18+ to ask “how to” sexual Questions. Posts that provide too many sexually graphic details by a member who is under 18 are removed for their protection. This is sexually related content that would not be presented in a high school Sexual Education course.
For example, for those under 18, a Sexuality Question such as, "Why do guys get pleasure from nude pics?" is fine while "Best way to turn on a guy friend?" is not.
Duplicate – If you've already posted a particular Question/myTake, please do not post it again as it will be removed. If you’re wanting more Opinions, please consider sharing it via social media.
Also, duplicate accounts are never allowed under any circumstances. We only allow each member ONE GirlsAskGuys account so as to avoid clutter within the site.
Explicit – These are posts that contain depictions of overly graphic violence or sexually explicit details (text, images, videos or links) that are considered poor quality content. Full nudes and posts that encourage or glorify bestiality/incest are removed as explicit. Sexual responses to non-sexual Questions are also removed for this reason. Inappropriate comments from over 18 members directed at under 18 members will be removed as Explicit.
Grammar – If your post has so many abbreviations or spelling/grammar mistakes it will be removed. Also, please remember to post only in English. Questions, myTakes, and Opinions in other languages will be removed. However, Opinion Replies in other languages are allowed. We do have a Turkish site: KizlarSoruyor.com, and a Spanish site: EllasSaben.com. For example, “i wld luv tht 2 b awsm.” will be removed.
How Do I Look Topic - If the question or myTake should belong to the “How Do I Look” topic but instead was shared in another topic, it will be reported by our moderation team.
Member Posts – We do not allow members to talk negatively of other GAGers in posts.
For example, "[username] is a stupid jerk!" will be removed.
- ALL *Questions and Takes* about specific members in a negative way are removed as Member Posts.
No Question – Questions that lack relevancy and a genuine question our members can address are removed. These are questions that are not in question format. If you have an opinion about something or want to make a statement, consider sharing a myTake instead!
No Sexuality Topic – All sexuality related Questions/myTakes must be in one of the two sexuality topics (sexual Behavior or Sexual Health). If a sexual Question/myTake is posted without a sexuality topic, it will be reported by our moderation team.
Offensive – Our caring community does not support malicious content, people come to GirlsAskGuys to get help, not to get hurt. This includes posts that would be considered offensive to either a large group of people or attacks aimed at other specific members on the site. While we encourage lively debate, posts that antagonize other members are not allowed. Examples: “You’re an idiot.” “Go kill yourself.” “I want to rape and kill all women!”
Spam – If you include links or personal information for the sole purpose of advertisement or solicitation, your post will be removed. Posts that solicit members in any fashion are considered Spam (this would include asking for contact or other personal information).
- Questions/myTakes only asking for others to chat will be removed as Spam.
- Opinions that only say "I don't know" and "I'm here for the Xper points" will be removed as Spam.
Suicidal Tendencies - Posts that glorify suicide or questions asking how to commit suicide will be removed. This also includes posts that glorify self-harm such as cutting, engaging in eating disorders, and other harmful behavior. Members can talk about these subjects in questions as long as it does not glorify the action or ask members “how” to commit such actions. Example: “What’s the best way to commit suicide?” These posts are removed and we send the user a help message informing them how to get help.
User Under 13 - Members must be at least 13 years old to be a part of GirlsAskGuys. All posts and accounts from members under 13 will be removed from the site and their membership cancelled.