Annoying upstairs neighbor

I've got an annoying upstairs neighbor. She's always stomping around her apartment, making way more noise than is required when walking. Does anyone have good tips for how a downstairs neighbor can cause a noise hassle? Anyone ever had an upstairs neighbor complain about their noise? What were you doing? I know plan A is to go up there and ask her to keep the noise down, but if that doesn't work, I need tips for plan B.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 3

• talk

• move

• Yes I know what you are talking about. I have some of those too.. just tell them be like hey you need to be a little more quite..and if they don't, then tell the person who runs the place...but me.. I'm a little stubborn so if they keep on doing it then I hit the wall as hard as I can to get back at them...lol it works.

• Plan A- Go up stairs and tell her to her to keep the noise down in the middle of the night because it's bothering you.

Plan B- Go to the person who owns the building and tell him that you are having problems with your upstairs neighbor and that he or she could tell her too keep the noise down.

Plan C-Put your stereo up loud as you can, make a lot of noise around 1 o'clock in the morning and keep doing it until she comes down and says can you keep it down that's when you tell her now you see how I feel when you keep making noises in your apartment.

• You can add a layer of insulated drywall to your ceiling for a few hundred bucks. I've seen that on home improvement shows.

You could tell the landlord, blast music, get a dog that barks or just get used to it.

• Selected as most helpful

Sounds like my ex-upstairs neighbor! I used to remember hearing him go to the bathroom at 3 in the morning & toot his horn! LOL Something lovely to listen to while trying to get to sleep.

Though this maybe not be the best advice either (a) Go up & tell her that you can hear her. She might not be aware of it! Personally if she did it in the afternoon I wouldn't care that much… but if she were be-bopping along 10,11, 1 in the morning… that would get old after a while. Like I said… she might not even know! Better 2 ask 1st! Or (b)… tell your landlord. Depending on where you live depends on what you can do with the apartment.

I know in the old place that I was in I couldn't do any alteration without approval. That & if it's a newer place, the walls maybe paper thin… & even with extra drywall… it may not stop the sound. But the best advice that I can give (as much as you'll love it) if (a) or (b) don't work… is (c) get used to it. Till either you or she moves out… I doubt things are gonna change!

• If she doesn't respond to politeness, tell her that perhaps she needs to lose a bit of weight because the pressure from her footsteps is keeping you up at night... she may get the hint or she may start wearing clogs all night to make it worse.

• Call Ringling Bros. Tell them to take this elephant back to the circus!