Why is he staring at me?

So my friend and I are really close and hang out like all the time. I didn't really notice until someone pointed it out sometimes when we're hanging out he just looks over at me or kind of stares at me. So I was hanging out with him yesterday alone at his house cause his girlfriend is on vacation and he's lonely and occasionally I look at him and see him just staring at me and it was kind of awkward so I'd look away. Sometimes I would be like what? and he'd just say nothing. I asked him if something was on my face or something but he'd just be like no you're fine. so why is he staring? it's getting weird. Someone said it's cause he secretly likes me but he has a girlfriend, what does it mean when a guy stares at you?

So today we hung out and went to see fireworks he most def was more flirtatious then ever. he kept tickling me (which he's done before but did it A LOT today) then he commented on how I was wearing glasses and how good I look with them (I usually wear contacts) he was staring a bit and he kept mention how he loved me today (but said I love you so much best friend) then he started ranting on how I deserve a great guy and how he doesn't want to be with guys like the ones I've been dating.
continued: we most def were touching a lot he'd always poke me and I laid my head on his shoulder and he laid his head on my head until a mutual friend was like awwww you guys are snuggling and she started teasing. plus I most def saw him looking at my boobs a couple times and when I took off my top layer shirt cause it was hot and had only a tank top on I caught him staring and he got a little shy. Teasingly I said I was fat and he was like no you're NOT fat your perfect. ^_________^

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 6

• Sounds like he likes you, I've had a similar experience recently

• he likes you...has a crush on you...and probably thinks you're such a great friend and doesn't want to ruin your friendship...or he knows something that affects you (maybe a secret) and ...well he's kinda thinking abt it when you're around him.

• Agree with everyone else, he secretly likes you.

• Guys don't stare or glance at girls they don't have something for - whether it be attraction or feelings. Trust me. My ex does it to me all the time.

• he probably does like you, or finds your very attractive- despite having a girlfriend.

• hmm... this is good cause I have feelings for him to... but not good since he has a girlfriend.

• Selected as most helpful

He most def likes you. :P

Anyway you should really cut down on the flirting with him. It's not fair to his girlfriend.

• Yeah definitely. A lot of touching between a guy and a girl could be taken to be flirting, ESPECIALLY things like cuddling and resting heads on shoulders.

• >________< my bad... head on the shoulder is flirting... hm... maybe I need to reconsider how I'm acting then...

• Well it might be best to just straight up tell him he's been making you uncomfortable recently and you'd like it if he tried to stop doing it as much (but make sure he knows you're not attacking him or anything, just saying you'd appreciate it if he didn't touch you as much). And well, to me, when you put your head on his shoulder, that was flirting.

• Show Older
  • He likes you. You like him. The prob = he has a girlfriend. His having a girlfriend does not prevent his attraction to you. If his having a girlfriend prevented his attraction to you, you would not get the sense that he's attracted to you because he wouldn't be. By the way, his being attracted to you does not mean his relationship with his girlfriend is bad.

If it seems like a good idea, you could tell him, hey, you're hot. I love you as a friend. Don't wanna lose that. If things aren't working out with Stacy and you two break, I could experiment being more with you. If not, cool. I'm still here as your friend.

:)

• he likes you but has a girlfriend and he can't do anything about it. if his current relationship fails you will probably have him asking you out probably. if not, I'd stay away for a little bit, if you like him, stay with him. you could be his next

• if a guy stares at you frequently, he's never fed up, he likes to stare at you, it's like, it's not boring to look at you, maybe you have a beautiful face? :-) I know he likes you, but of course, without the beautiful face, he'll not stare at you, :)

let me guess, you're beautiful, are you not? =)

• hahaha. thanks :)

• next time he's staring at you, ask him why, and if he says nothing, apply a swift kick to the nuts with a smile on your face. :)

• He most likely likes you, even though he has a girlfriend.