How to reject someone gently?

Almost 2 years ago I met a guy who told me he had been into me for a while, that he had seen me around in campus and liked me, and all that. He was attractive and had an alright personality but I didn't LIKE him the way he liked me. Still we started seeing each other, and eventually we hooked up. There was no sex, but almost. Anyway, he kinda started pushing me for sex, and for commitment, but I wasn't ready, since from day one I'd told him I wasn't into anything too serious (considering I was coming out of a long, bad relationship). Eventually we drifted apart. Also, his personality kept turning me off and off, since it felt like he wasn't being himself around me and tried too hard with me, I don't know.

Anyway, he now contacted me on Facebook and told me he wants to see me again, and go out and everything. But I'm not really up for it. However, I'm not used to turning guys down and I hate to do it, becausse I don't know how to do it without sounding like a bitch. truth is I'm kinda seeing someone else too right now, but I'm not sure if I should go with that. I mean, if I liked him, I could go out withhim since my current situation is not serious or exclusive... but I simply don't like him... but I don't wanna be blunt like that. Also, I'm sure he expect us to pick up where we left off, and that means sex, and I don't want sex with him, but again, it'd be a bit rude and mean to tell him that.

So how could I go about turning him down without being a complete bitch? I mean, it's only a Facebook message, so I guess I'm making more of this than it actually is. But still.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

Call him up and tell him the truth. Tel him that you were never looking for a relationship and that you just aren't interested in him like that. Just try to "put everything on you", as in "I'm not up for a relationship" not "I don't want to be in a relationship with you".

• Tell him that you just don't think your a match.

• Just say you are sorry but you are seeing someone else. That should be all you need to say.