Ex girlfriend wants to get back together. should I get back with her?

My ex and I recently broke up about a month ago. We were together for about a year. She has two kids (4 & 6) with her baby daddy. When we first started dating, she would sometimes be unsure about our relationship and break up, only to get back with one of her exes. She did that twice, and after each time after about a week she would realize that she truly loved me and couldn't be away from me. So we would get back together and everything would be fine. After about 6-7 months together we decided to move in together. Everything was fine until we would start to have arguments. After a few months of on an off fights she would start to get distant again and act strange towards me. After living with each other for a few months she broke up with me saying that it wasn't going to work, and that we were fighting too much and she couldn't deal with it. She said she was done. So she kicked me out of the apartment and I went to live with family untill I could get another apartment. While being single she hooked up with some guy and that was it. a few weeks later she was calling and texting me saying that she wants me back and how much she loves me and that we could work to get our relationship back. I was devastated because of the breakup and hearing this was good news to me, because I never wanted to break up in the first place. So we got back together and I moved back in with her and her kids.. Shortly after, worse came to worse and we started fighting again. nothing much had changed. After two months of being back together and living with her.. we broke up again and I moved back in with my family.. Now two weeks later after being out of the house. she is calling me telling me that she loves me and that she wants to get back together again and that things will change and we can be happy.

I still love her, even tho she has done me wrong in the past. I will not go back living with her, because I think that because we were spending too much time together was part of the problem. We also were unable to get away or be alone after any of the fights. We never actually had time alone. So it was like we were stuck together. I have tried dating other girls, but its not the same as being with her.. I feel so comfortable being with her, but I am cautious because of her past behavior. I don't want to get hurt again, but I still have feelings for her

Should I get back with her (just not move it)?

Ive told her that we can be friends only for now and that if in the future it is meant to be, we will be together. But chances are, we both will move on.

thanks for your guidance and oppinions,... it has really helped.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's time to move on. I lost count how many times she changed her mind reading all of that story. If she can't decide what she wants for even a year it's not going to work for the long term.

If you insist on being with her at least don't get back now. Tell her no and give it time. If she still thinks she loves you after enough time go back to basics - dating. If it's feeling good and possibly better than before maybe move forward.

if you keep taking her back so easily she can come and go as she pleases and it doesn't sound like she knows what she wants...