• Ask
  • myTake

How do you stop caring about someone?

So I dated and became best friends with this guy, it lasted for years. Put simply, he decided that I wasn't good enough and he became someone else,... Show More

What Guys Said 1

• Look, you can not just erase someone from your life after 6 years of being together and neither can he. The fact that you both were together for six years means that you both liked and cared for each other, did a lot for each other and had fun. (If not, then you should ask why you put up with it for so long.)Now it is over. He is no longer the kind of person you liked. Something has gone wrong with him and probably he needs psychological help and counselling. He is an adult and he can choose the kind of friends he wants and behave anyway he wants. And, you are not his mother!It is a pity that a good friendship can not continue. But, it happens.If you care for him, pray for him to be happy. Get your life together and look out for your own happiness as well.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh sweetie! I'm really sorry to hear about this! I've got a question though...You said that you havn't talked to him since May but in the ladder you mentioned how he smiles and waves at you. Are these recent occurences or did they happen in May?

• No those are recent, since August, but neither of us have come up and talked to the other. One of the last things he told me (back in May -- even when he had a girlfriend) was: "You're crazy but I still love you!" Talk about confusing huh? But he must be happy, he's still with her.