My ex is acting strange?

My ex was never a normal guy, he was very dense and methodical. He didn't believe in romance such as kissing and had a hard time hugging and holding hands with me. That's pretty much the reason we broke up was over that, I needed more than a friend. Anyways, he wanted to still be friends and I agreed to that, I told him a few days after the breakup I wanted to be friends still and that I was over it and moved on and he just said OK happy to have your friendship. But once this occurred I feel like he has been acting really strange and I feel like he ignores me and won't look me in the eye. Sometimes it feels like he even goes out of his way to avoid me and won't talk to me in person but if I text him every now and again he will act completely normal. And I feel like its just getting worse and he's made up some really lame excuses for y he won't talk to me. Anyways all I wanna know is what you think, why do you think he's acting the way he's acting? Nd please don't tell me not to worry about his actions because I valued my friendship with him and don't ever wanna lose that no matter what, all I wanna know is what's going on with him...

Btw he is the one that broke up with me, we had one fight and we were supposed to work it out but he couldn't deal and had to over think everything which took him a week and then it was over, pretty lame.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• wait like two weeks with out texting him...( give him time/space) then text him asking him to go to lunch or something so you guys can talk in person...then when your face to face..one on one..tell him that you do just wanna be friends and that it is very important to you to be friends...make sure he does feel the same way...he might not be over you yet...( that's why I said wait like two weeks without no contact)...if he isn't overyou it might be hard for him to be friends with you already...if he is over you then...,maybe once you guys are on the same page the friendship will work..

What Guys Said 1

• who cares?you guys are not together.get over it.he doesn't see you as a girlfriend or as a friend.

What Girls Said 1

• He probably feels rejected and now can't look you in the eye. Sometimes still waters run deep. What appears to be calm with him on the surface is hurt underneath. Look, he has a hard enough time expressing his emotions through physical intimacy. He's probably hurt. A text message is impersonal but the eyes are the windows to the soul. .if you look into them he fears you may read his true feelings. Sometimes exes cannot be friends with each other when one wants more than friendship. Both have to want the same thing. For now, looks like you can't be friends like texting, phone calls and hanging out...but you can smile, wave, say hello, polite conversation. In time, he'll heal and then you both can be real friends again without the weirdness and without him hoping you'll be his girl again.

• Why would he feel rejected if he is the one that dumped me? Like I said that boy really over thinks everything. We had one fight, I thought we were going to work out our issues but he got all weird and said he had to think things out and then I gave him space and like 4 days later he basically broke up with me

• I'm sorry..I may have misunderstood. You wrote you needed more than a friend...that you needed an intimate partner and that's why you broke up. I get the impression that this guy just doesn't have the ability to express his emotions for you on that level and now feels like you are rejecting him because he can't do it. Do you think he is gay?

• I figured you might have misunderstood sorry about that. No he is as straight as straight can be and really religious. He's just really dense, he thinks that kissing and other stuff shouldnt be the focal point of a relationship it should be hanging out and talking. I don't know this kid is confusing and hard to read