Why would a man be mean to his ex girlfriend that he broke up with?

My ex and I communicate because of our son. Lately we've had a friendly relationship when we talk on the phone,run into each other in public, and he had even began coming over to visit our son at my home. We always do little chatting not much.

Then today he asked if he could take my son somewhere that he had known for years I was against. I got angry that he even asked it and said no told him why and he told me to shut up and that he's tired of me always telling him what to do. he even yelled"I don't need to hear your voice anymore" when I was saying that he should take our son somewhere fun.

I don't get why he's saying that about me when we never have fights and I don't tell him what to do at all. he goes out all the time and even cancels on our son so he can do whatever he wants.

Why is he saying this about me when he will be really nice one minute then say such a mean thing about me?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 2

• He's angry because he perceived your rejection of taking your son to this "place", as an act of trying to controlling his life.

This misunderstanding has nothing to do with you and all to do with his belief that he can do whatever he likes with your son, stand you ground and do what you think is best for your son.

• I've been looking for such a solution for a while now. Sorry I still don't have one, people who think like this are very hard to reason with.

• Okay. do you know how I can help him stop thinking that? I'm going to stand my ground when I really think its best for our son but its really hurtful for him to say that casue I try to be accomadatin(even giving him money to take our son out) .or even how I can approach or talk to him w/out anger for what he said.

• Where does he want to take him and why?

• Oh, ok, that makes more sense.

• He wants to take him to his boss's church.im not a fan of the church becasue they speak in tongues. its crazy to me.

he wants to yake him because his boss (who he left us for) attends the church. so I am COMPLETELY against it.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!