Would you text your ex if you missed him/her?

You guys haven't talked for months. Don't see each other irl. The relationship was ended by him/her but amicable. You still deeply care about them...

Would you text?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't know.-.
    Vote C

1510

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I wouldn't. And if you keep in touch with your ex weather it ended in a good way or bad you can never move on. It will just cause more confusing say goodbye and delete their number. It would be simple for everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because I don't ever want to get back together.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 9

• Never initiated but I did respond to a text from an ex.

She broke up with me out of the wild-blue, refused to discuss and make things work, no contact. About two months later she texts me about something over FB. Communication continues because I still thought of her as a friend. We meet up for lunch where she revealed she was struggling with whether or not I hated her at the very end, which I didn't.

A few days later she asks me to meet with her in person. There she basically begs me to take her back, she wants to spend the rest of her life with me, etc. Everything I had hoped for but thought was simply impossible. I had to think about it because I was so badly burned. I wasn't 'in' love with her at the moment because of all that had happened, but said I would sort out choosing her or the new girl I was seeing.

I choose her, had the most wonderful two weeks of my life, her parents sabotaged everything to maintain control over her, hell for a few more months. Breakup where I prayed for death every night for a month. Was a pallbearer for her baby brother's funeral a few months later and took care of her family. My reward was to be treated like absolute garbage, see everything that was wrong with what was going on, and her father forbidding me from ever contacting anyone from 'his' home ever again.

So my policy now is that if you walk, I'll hold the door open for you.

• No I don't text ex's. All my ex's text me.

• They rejected you! Maintain your pride or try to crawl back into their life? Easy decision for me!

• If I could find the right words, yes. If you really miss someone there's nothing wrong with saying it.
    And sometimes things can be repared. Even when initially the situation looked hopeless :o

• I don't have any contact info from my exes to contact them anymore. Even if I did, I think things usually end for a reason so it's best to keep up the no contact.

• If they rejected you then no. Never. You're just song yourself up for even more pain by doing that. Not worth it

• I would text anyone if I miss them enough. Sadly though, I delete ex's number from my phone to stop myself from doing so.

• who u talkin about?

who's that?

• it only makes things worse if you text them so no i wouldn't text them.

What Girls Said 14

• Nope. I'm too bitchy for that. I won't text first. I might be dying inside but I won't.
    If I was the last sending a message, you better answer motherfucker.

And if the person was the last.. I don't know, I'm too bitchy to call someone first.

• lol yeah no, i don't deeply care about em. care, maybe, deeply... nooo.

• A memory. Just something simple, like "I drove by Grimaldi's today and it reminded me of the time we... How have you been?" Keep it short and sweet. Don't pour your heart out to him until you've tested those waters.

• That contact info gets deleted immediately so I can't give in to the temptation to do this.

• I would call bc i am caring

• If my ex was still single and I truly thought that it could potentially work out, yes I would take a shot at it. But I knew inside that we are better off separate, I wouldn't.

• To be honest no even if I am dying to talk to him again, it's doesn't mean I am stubborn
    Becouse there is a reason for breaking sure and when you broke up with someone you really love it's mean u tried to the last breathe and if u get in touch in anyway it's mean you will turn back to the same problem again so no point but if you the one who was wrong in the whole thing then go fix what u have done and Text again XD

• No, but my ex who dumped me tells me this every few months lol it's been 1.5 years since the breakup too lol

• I mean, maybe.

• Hell naw.
    Although i don't have any ex's

• Neverr! If its meant to be, it'll be.

• I have before. I wouldn't do it again though.

• I do

• I would love to say no but I'm kind of stupid and can't take a hint when I think with my heart so it depends really :p