Girls, Have you ever broken up with someone even though you still loved them? If so, why?

My girlfriend has done this to me twice now and I understand why. I'm just curious about other possible insights anyone else may have having been in a similar situation as her.

Thanks for for the responses :)

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I would break up with somebody even if I loved them if I felt the relationship was toxic or going no where. Because while I may love the person, I'm not being fulfilled and there are issues that aren't being resolved. It's much like cutting friends and family out of your life: you love them, but they're proving to be a hindrance on your life that you would be better without.

• Thanks for the comment :)

You are the same age as she is. Just curious. Does the idea of being too into someone scare you at all? Like you are afraid of missing out on life if you found the perfect guy for you now? It's my and several mutual friends opinion that's the case with her.

• No that isn't a fear of mine at all actually.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, I have- I loved them so much but they weren't treated me how I wanted to, kept disrespecting certain boundaries and it wasn't cool. I got the courage to leave because even if I love them, I deserve every inch of love back.

• That's definitely a good reason. In my case, I treat her like gold. She has issues with her overbearing parents. So when things aren't going well between us for whatever reason and there's an opportunity to bolt, she does.

Thanks for the response :)

• Basically, yeah.
    I wasn't ready for a serious commitment. I like my freedom.

• Yes.. He cheated on me so I broke it off. Hardest thing to do especially after being in a relationship for 2 years.

• Yes because the guy treated me horribly and no matter what I did he would not stop. I looked at is as basically a time out.

• Not be personally but my best friend breaks up with a guy she loves a lot because she's scared of commitment and getting hurt

• Yes. I have. It was because he was never there for me and I felt bad.

• Yes, I have. Because I knew the guy was going to make me miserable Because he was controlling and threatened me with violence