Why do people cheat?

In my school people cheat for no f*ckin reason at all! Last week my friend broke up with his girlfriend because she cheated on him and their relationship only lasted for a week! He said that he doesn't know why she cheated on him. I mean... I just feel so bad. Cheating or breaking up with people because they found more intelligent, or hotter person is just so retarded. Is this the reason why people cheat on their current relationship?

710

Most Helpful Girl

• There's plenty of different reasons why people cheat.

It seems like your friend did because he's mentally immature. He isn't capable of having a committed relationship. He needs to explore. There's nothing wrong with wanting to explore your options but there is a right way in doing things. If that's the way he feels then simply do not be in a relationship, then you won't be hurting any one.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• People cheat because they want to sides to a cake. One the side to mess around but another side to keep someone whos loyal to them.

• Often it's because people settle and then find who they want to be with. I do think at least a text is in order before switching partners

• They are not satisfied enough with their relationship or they're selfish and go seek a person they're attracted to despite that they are in a relationship.

• Sometimes people aren't satisfied in their current relationships, but there is no reason to cheat and it is unacceptable to me. It really hurts to be cheated on and I think that no one wants to go through that feeling.

• People cheat because they dont care about anyone elses feelings except for their own.

• every person have different reasons in breaking up not all people break up because of another some does it to find themselves, they're not happy anymore or even fell out of love. remember that cheating is choice it's not an accident.

What Guys Said 9

• Because they are sexualy or emotionally unsatisfied in the relationship but are unable or unwilling to communicate that with their partner.

• I've seen some guys cheat simply because they don't want to deal with the fallout of a breakup and the woman thinking she did something wrong especially if she's a clinger.

Best to some to look like a jerk than break it off cleanly and have them wondering what went wrong. Can't say I agree, but it happens. I've also know of a few women who cheat simply because they DON'T want to be in a non-relationship or dating status.

• they want to advance socially, get a better looking, richer, more popular mate... by proxy, they become more powerful socially. it's like they're saying they'll do no worse than you when it becomes official, but doing better is doing better. they don't realize only slimeballs will hook up with someone that's cheating, and are only degrading themselves.

• 0|0
  • people cheat because they a) dont talk enough b) listen enough c) CARE enough

oh, did i mention there's a subtle difference between being in love with one person AND being in love with the whole aesthetic/benefit of him/her?

dont mind my caustic reply, today i'm on the verge of exploding, dear

• Because some people want what they can't have and think they can get away with it.

• I'll teach you something that never changes WOMEN ARE MOMENTARY

they are interested for a moment, they love you for a moment, they can't make up there damn minds, so don't trust them not even your mom, you'll see what I mean when your older

• Because that person is full of shit... And your friends girlfriend was a slut.. That's why,

• To feel loved and appreciated, for sexual stimulus, for attention