Do you think it's okay to leave someone in a cold way?

I'm asking this because I have a tendency to turn cold when someone has wronged me or when I feel like I am done. I was exclusively dating a guy and he was flirting and regularly talking with other girls and slept with one, maybe more who knows. The whole thing just starting feel shady sometimes because he could be spooning me while texting another girl for example. We dated for six months but then I felt like I was done with this you know. So I left. I didn't explain, I just told him I'm not up with it anymore. I did hurt him unless it was just his ego. Later on I deleted him from social media and I do feel like a complete bitch at the same time it felt right. Is it a mean way to end it with someone though? I feel guilty sometimes.. I mean we weren't in a relationship but still.

12

What Guys Said 2

• No, it's not okay, but I guess that comes to the person's personal preference. Like they may believe that the other person deserves the coldness of the break up and so on.

• I don't tbh, No matter what the guy did and whether you hate his guts I think you at least owe it to him to tell him. You don't owe him an explanation but a simple 'i'm leaving you' is the minimum I think, just basic human decency.

What Girls Said 1

• Same thing happened to me. He's such a player and flirty and touchy with other women. I'm now fed up with it cos he keeps giving me confusing messages. He expects me to keep playing along with him, but stuff that!! I had enough. So yea I blocked him on all social media. So yea, I think in this context you had a right to act in a cold way. And this guy and I were just dating, but the way he treated me... he also got angry over little things. I was like what a jerk, I honestly felt soooo guilty just like you. In fact I've been crying for the past two days but getting some guys perspectives, I'm like nahhhh. He deserves its. Keep holding your head up high. You deserve better rather than a douchebag.