How do to get over an abusive relationship?

I have recently been dumped by the guy who I thought was, the love of my life. However, I opened up to my family and told them things that were being said to me and they have made me realise that what I was in was a emotionally and physically abusive relationship. I understand that most of the people reading this would think I am crazy, but I still can't get over him. I know that he has got it into my head that no one will ever love me and that I can't live without him, and part of me feels like it is true. I'm trying to find ways to move on, but I don't know how. How did you all move on from a break up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep he tried to control you by breaking you down any and every way possible cuz that's what weak guys do who are insecure and deep down inside he knows u are better and can do better than him and his destructive tactics.. truth is that u really and honestly don't need him to be happy, joyous, & fulfilled. You must love yourself 1st before anyone else can and the 2 of u must respect each other as well but he clearly doesn't cuz he thinks he's won and that u need him smh.. leave him alone, behave and fashion your mind like he never played a part in your life and he doesn't exist.. talk too another big & strong, soft-hearted man after u give yourself space & time to heal and he will hate himself. Trust me & Goodluck, Godbless you

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• we got married 2.5 years ago and my wife turned out to be a verbally and emotionally abusive woman and cheated on me with the same guy that she says she had feelings for since before we got married and said she lost those feelings 3 months ago. and deprived me from any intimate act for the past 7 months. and still she took my son and left two weeks ago and now she wants me to take her back.
    but NO i'm not. i just don't want to go back to the life i lived for the past 2.5 years wearing the skirt and her wearing the pants.
    and no i haven't noticed all this until she left then i started to think clearly and figured out what was happening to me and why i left everything and followed her, i even left all my family and friends just because she didn't like them. after she left i talked to my parents and told them all the details and they also made me realise what i was into.
    i am planning on filing divorce now.
    and it really is so hard to get over it but we have to run away from this kind of relationship and stay as far as possible from it and never look back or regret it.
    my first step was to get things back on track with my family. and my next step is to do the same with my friends. and have a normal happy life.
    you just have to stay strong and don't weaken, just follow your brain not your heart cause the latter was the reason we got ourselves into this kind of relationship.

• You need to talk to a therapist to find out why you were trapped and why you became so dependent on him. This way you will never ever enter an abusive relationship again.

• I just talk to someone awesome !
    by the way I'm awesome :P lol 🙈
    See it takes time to move on cause healing requires time but I think you deserve better so just enjoy your life and have fun and don't think about that dumbass 👍

• For a start, u make new friends or hang out with old ones
    Don't be alone, text people. Call them do whatever u have to but keep yourself busy
    Only time can heal

• I have a theory that it takes 10 fucks with 10 different people to get over someone. that's how long it took me, anyway. :D

What Girls Said 2

• This takes time sweetie. It is very hard to let go of something as dramatic as this. You need to look at having positive people in your life. People that tell you everyday that you are a beautiful young lady and that there is sunshine on the side. No one deserves to be treated with disrespect, no one and Yes that includes you. The fact that you are still young helps and the fact that you have come out the other side is wonderful. Be proud of who you are and tell your self everyday you are worth so much more than that x

• Its called the 'stolkhom syndrome'. Please google up the above words and you will. understand where you re coming ftom. Overall, this relationship. is certainly not healthy for you especially your thought process of thinking that you will never find love any where anymore.. is a false thought.. you just need to pray over it and ask god to help you find the right way out of this relationship and that you need to help yourself into moving on , staying positive and wait for that right guy who is already in your destiny but you. have to pray and forget about this unhealthy emotions, and negativity.. and stay stress free and tension free.. to gey to that special guy who will eventually cone into your life. With a strong will n clear mind you will make the right decision n meet your true dream man.. stay blessed take care