Should I unblock my drug addicted ex bc I feel anxiety to check his profile?

On one way I feel anxiety not to check his profile, but for the other I think I could feel worse... I just want to forget that loser but he's stuck in my mind and we broke up in December... Omg help!

• Definitely no
  • Yes
He said really nasty things after a month with no contact and I didn't even replied, although I feel guilty to not have answered...

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't think about unblocking him. You haven't fully healed over the break up. Give yourself time to heal.

• Thank you very much for the upvote. Try to do things to make yourself happy. Focus on yourself more. Also once you heal try to go on dates if you can.

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

• You're welcome :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Please don't feel guilty for distancing yourself after they said really nasty things to you. A drug addiction is no excuse for being a mean person. I realize they are probably going through a rough time. But it's up to them to want to get help. No one can force them to change, and if they are choosing to follow that path and not seek out help, there isn't much you can do.

If you feel like checking his profile, and worry about him, that's reasonable. But it's not a good idea to keep trying to find out what he is doing with his life.

You need to move on. There is no reason to reply to someone when they say nasty things to you. You are not obligated to return a response.

The best thing to do is move on. You can't heal someone with an addiction, they must choose to seek out help. Unless he is willing to do that, you don't need to be in his life.

The thing is, people with addictions are sick, and they often lash out and hurt people in their circle. Though they need love and support when they are seeking treatment. It's not really good to allow yourself to be abused by them when they are in the throws of the addiction. Especially if they are lashing out at you. Continuing to let them into your life without creating boundaries is just allowing the addiction to continue. That is why on the show intervention the people sit in the circle and basically say either get help or don't contact me ever again. If they let the person come into and out of their life, and allow them to mistreat them (ie. stealing money, being mean, etc...) the cycle of addiction is able to continue, they are helping to enable the situation.

I dated a guy once who was addicted to alcohol. He was in treatment but not really following the steps and advice that were given to him. He was emotionally abusive and caused me a great deal of stress. The thing is, if someone is mistreating you, it's good to set up healthy boundaries. As mean as it sounds, their addiction is not your responsibility. And as much as you want to help them, you also have to take care of yourself first. If they are lashing out and making you feel bad, then the relationship between you two, whether it be romantic or just as friends isn't worth it.

• What a wonderful answer, thank you so much. You're totally right I just want to forget him and move on...

• Good luck, reclaim your life! 😊

• @ladybug28 Thank you, good luck for you too :)

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• just use incognito mode to view his profile it. So you will never have to actually unblock him that way you can spy on him and he'll never know

• The thing is I don't think it's actually healthy for me...

• Move on homegirl. Can't head into the future if you keep looking back.

• No that's dumb why would you do that?

• You're right I need to wake up. Thank u

What Girls Said 2

• Don't Open up Another smelly worms here, dear. As much as you want to Take a Peek at the Past, Leave it alone and Move on.
    It will Only cause More 'Anxiety' and stir up Old memories, don't let the Skeleton rattle anymore Chains with no Gains.
    New Year, dear, Forget But... Forgive.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you so much dear. Good luck for u too ♡ xx

• :) :) :)

• :)) xxoo

• A way of forgetting someone is to act like they do not exist.
    For a while you will be struggling with those feelings (of second nature), that you have to check up on him.
    The more you do not, the quicker you will be able to get over him.

• Thank you so much!

• :) No problem

• Sometimes the hardest to do is really pretending that he doesn't exist :(