He Won't Get A Job, How Do I Break Up?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now and though I do love him it frustrates me that he chooses not to look for a job after being layed off (even though he's on Unemployment). He wants to pay for nice dinner dates, go on trips, etc. To be able to afford it, he's moving back in with his parents...
He says I'm the best thing in his life, and the best girlfriend he's ever had. It's love, but love doesn't pay the bills.
I've made up my mind that I can't handle his laziness, and mooching off government checks and his parents. How do I end it?

30
Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him you need a more mature man. As much as he frustrates you, this break up will hurt. My ex was unambitious (he had a job, low pay that he didn't like), but did nothing to look for something more serious. He had no interests and that really bothered me, I would encourage him when he mentioned something he would love to do, but eventually he would lose interest. We talked about marriage and it hurts me so much that he strung me along, he also told me how I was the best girlfriend ever, how much he loved me etc, but did nothing to be w/me long term. Good luck and eventually you may find a man that is actually ready to settle down.

• How long has he been jobless?

• 3 months, Unemployment only lasts 12 weeks.

• Right, then let him go, save you both the heartache.