Am I not over my ex yet?

So me and this guy here broke up about 8 months ago, we never had any relationship issues we never had fights or anything like that. After out break-up it went downhill from there I got extremely mad and so did he and we were fucking horrible to eachother... My friends tell me that what he did and said after our break-up should be more than enough reason to not want to get back with him... so yeah it took me like FOREVER to not feel depressed/sad about him anymore and continue my life, but I knew that if he would want me back, I'd do it in a split second.

It's just that I love him so much, and to me he's the most attractive guy on the entire planet and I've never been attracted to anyone as much as I was attracted to him.. and I don't know if that's normal.

Today I bumped into him (after not seeing him for 8 months) and he's volunteering at this animal shelter and when I saw him my heart started racing and it felt like someone stabbed my stomach with a knife, and I started getting al dizzy and feeling ill, and I'm pretty sure I almost fainted. But now I really want to volunteer there (just because of him) even though he didn't look at me once, and I'm pretty sure I'll just end up hurting myself more and more especially when he's no longer interested in me...

help?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like you still have strong feelings for him and you're not over him just yet. I wouldn't volunteer there. It would break your heart even further.

If nothing was drastically wrong with your relationship, maybe you want to get back with him? Either way i think you need to make yourself happy. If you really want him back realise that he should only be part of your life, not all of it.

We've all made the mistake of loving someone so much that they become our entire world. But the happier you are and the stronger you are, you'll be in a much better position to get him back.

Think everything through, all the bad, all the good. Will he change the bad? Was there more good than bad? When you're happy without him, but still miss him (you don't need him), that's when you're ready to think about if you want him back or not.