Ex is talking to another girl?

So i broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years over Christmas (it was dragged out for about a month). He treated me really badly during the relationship, and flirted with girls behind my back etc. I know that even though i made mistakes in the relationship, i didn't deserve to be treated in such a way.

So long story short, I was recently talking to a mutual friend of ours, and he hasn't been able to get in touch with my ex. Now it's been 2 weeks since i last talked to my ex, but i heard from our mutual friend he's talking to a girl (he claims was a friend, but my gut instinct always told me he fancied her but not his other female friends). This girl is taken and has been with her boyfriend for 3 years, but she's always been flirty with my ex. Even our mutual friend thinks he's chasing this girl now and i'm not sure how to react to this news, considering it was only 2 weeks since i last saw him (we haven't spoken since).

I don't think that me and my ex were right for each other, and i'm happier and less stressed now, but i still miss him and care for him, but i feel like that i'm missing the image he projected and the person he could be, not the person he is. I feel hurt because it's the same girl where my gut was saying something wasn't right. I'm not fully over him, but i'm not in the place where i want to run back to him.

Is there anyone who's gone through a similar situation? What did you do to get through this?

01

What Guys Said 1

• well forget him and move on as i did to all the girls i have hooked up in the past

What Girls Said 0