My husband may be still in love with his long gone ex wife?

My husband was married for only a year with somebody else (his first wife) before me (his second wife), and they have one child together who he has contact with. After they broke up the only thing they had in common is their child. So after his divorce he was single for 6 years till he married me. Now I've been married to him much longer (8yrs) than she ever was and we have children together too. But the thing is my gut instinct tells me that his still in love with his ex wife. His feelings for her still lingers around him. He is very discreet about it though but that's probably because his normally a discreet person anyway. The reason why I'm writing this here is not because I need advice or someone to tell what I feel is unreasonable that I might be wrong. I just want to know does things like this even happen in this day and age? I know more or less he loves me too. But is it possible for a guy to still love their ex wife ESPECIALLY when they have spent very little time together whereas now they with someone they spent much more time with? Is it pretty common? I want to hear it from you guys, are one of those guy who experienced love for their short term ex lover over long lasting one, even if it took you couple of years to move on to another? Or women's, have you been married to one of those guys or know anyone? Please be honest. I'll really appreciate your answers. Thanks

14

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't know what it is really with him, however i will tell you, that it is possible to fall in love or to really have a crush on two women a the same time. I've experienced it before and many women are known to have experienced it before as well.

I experience it especially when i see two women having two very different traits from each other but those two traits are actually things that i really love and adore and cannot both exist in one woman because they are two different types of beauty.

• an example would be: a tanned woman with beautiful large dark eyes and a dark hair. Then a woman with beautiful blue/green/grey eyes and blonde hair. I love both types, and the first type is my favorite, but i cannot not love the 2nd type as well. As much as i love the first type, the 2nd type is also really amazing and i cannot resist it either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never dealt with this issue, but I'm going to try and offer a little insight. I'm a child of multiple divorces, both my parents have been married twice. My ex step dad has about 8 ex wives as well. Pretty much everyone says a part of them will always love their ex spouse, especially when there's a child involved, but the same as being in love with them of course. Maybe that's what you're picking up on? It's possible he is in love with her still, but is it probable? I don't think so at all.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Its unusual but not unknown. I still have some feelings for my second wife and she shafted me and our kid both.

• you gotta understand SHE IS THE FIRST
    and even though he loves you it will never be like the first,
    cause the first is always the girl you put the most effort into
    after that its not the same

I don't think he loves her but
    HE MIGHT BE HOLDING ANGER TOWARDS HER

• haven't you ever heard Cat Steven's "first cut is the deepest" ?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!