Which gender do you think does the breaking up more, men or women?

In your opinion who does the breaking up of a relationship more men or wimen?

• Men
  • Women
  • Both
    Vote C
  • Im undecided
    Vote D

610

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to short term relationships, men tend to be the ones to end it. When it comes to long term relationships, women tend to be the ones to end it.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 6

• in all of my relationships, the guy ended it because i let him~ i thought about it, but was too concerned about being perceived as a bitch if i did it, or hurting his feelings, because i've been through much worse than a breakup and my thought process at the time was, "i can handle [being dumped] but i don't know if you can".

(all of the men in these scenarios also cheated; that whole "women pick men who are exactly like their fathers" thing is very true; i come from a family that is 90% female, as my biological father, uncles by marriage, and paternal grandfather all cheated on their wives as well~ therefore, it should come as no surprise that, by age 15, i had no interest in marriage)

the first time i ever dumped someone, i was 27 years old. it was an friends with benefits situation~ i knew it was going nowhere, realized that we weren't on the same page and that i no longer needed the safety net that the guy was providing me with.

soon after that, i met my soulmate; he's nothing like the other idiots i dated, and we will likely *surprise* be married one day (shocking, i know). i guess i finally realized that i was worth more than what i had previously settled for, and that my relationship isn't doomed because of my family's history... the way i see it, i'm going to get it right the first time; everyone else screwed up, so that i don't have to repeat their mistakes.

-von

• Were they really all idiots though?

• short answer: yes, all 2 of them were idiots.

long answer: one slept with anything that had a nervous system, and the other was an abusive alcoholic. nothing more, and nothing less.

• that said, perhaps i'm also an idiot~ my self-esteem was so deep in the ground that i thought that i deserved all of it and it took me 10 years to pull my head out of my ass.

• In both my previous relationships (not that the first one really counts) I ended it. All my female friends have usually been the ones to end it. I am also fairly confident, if my current relationship were to end, it would be at my hands, not his.

So... I'm voting for the ladies lol

• I don't know who does more breaking up or not but whichever it is, that would be not too significant of a figure.
    I'd be more curious who does more of the fuckups that result in someone finally deciding that enough is enough and dealing the final blow by ending things.

• Women, and I only say this because in 10 years of dating (some off and on again relationships in there) I've never been dumped, not once. I've always done the dumping.

• Why do you think women do the dumping more?

• My personal experience coupled with people around me. Women tend to react more emotionally so something that isn't "dump worthy" becomes dump worthy when she's angry. Lol

• because western women are screwed up and are immoral

• In my 8 experiences, it was always the guy.

• 8 times? wow...

• I'd count myself as the last one but I'm gonna say it was him since I just gave him what he wanted.
      But yeah 8 times.

• I've ended like 70% of my short term relationships (2 months or less), but none of my longer term relationships.

What Guys Said 9

• I think it's usually women. You can't really have an accurate number for all relationships, but since 67% of divorces are started by women, I base my vote on that.

If I talk by experience I'd say men, cause I've been the one who has broken up in all my 5 relationships.

• Easily women. In our culture today it is seen as if you are the bad guy if you dump a woman, leading to personal crucifixion.

• in my opinion there's a difference between being the cause of the break up and deciding to break up.
    I'd think men cause more break ups but women decide more often to draw a line under it.

• Look at that gender bias in the poll LOL.

Take out the women who voted 'men' and the men who voted 'women' and you'll see who does the breaking up more often.

• It depends on how you define breakups. It's a fact that in the US at least, women are the ones who initiate divorce the most. I think it's like %70 of divorces are initiated by them..

• Statistically 73 percent of all divorces are initiated by women

• Women of course

• 70% percent of divorces are by women so yes women

• If we're including all breakups like divorce then women by a landslide. If it's just regular breakups as in boyfriend and girlfriend break up I think it's more split down the middle.