Have you ever broken up for years and got back together?

Has anyone had a long term relationship where they broke things off to "grow" or it was "the right person, wrong time" kinda thing, etc... but years later they tried again? Was it successful? Please share stories! Thank you!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife and I met in high school in 1986 had a child in 1989 got married in 1992 and separated in 1994 fought like cats and dogs for 7 years, she had 3 more relationships and had two more children. (I went through lovers like water). Then in 2002 we just became friends again, started seeing each other and we now live together and just bought a house. A big part of it, was I was a slut and cheated on her, a lot, in our early relationship. I even kept a mistress for a while (I was also very wealthy), I as in a porn or two (okay two but who's counting), and then as I got older I settled down. I don't feel the need to chase women anymore, and honestly just don't have anything to prove that way. We're happy, and the anger wasn't just one sided she did her screwed up things as well. And we have agreed that then was then, and I have adopted the two boys as my own, and we live happily together (my daughter is in her own house). I just needed to calm down, and we both had to mature I think.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• I've been in a long term one where things were broken off with me and she said the right person wrong time one and have not heard or spoken to her in over two years and now after being in a three year relationship with the only woman is ever truly felt as the one was just told she doesn't want a relationship (with me or anyone) she needs to find herself so I'd love to hear how this works out for you.

• My parents separated for like 3 years... but never divorced... then they got back together.

• Yes i have me & my ex broke up did not talk for 4 years ran into each other & started seeing each other things were like we were not apart things were great until we broke up again pretty well exact same way we broke up the first time people do not change they just get better at lying & hiding things biggest mistake iv ever made giving her a second chance

What Girls Said 1

• never. it takes a lot for me to let go. when I'm done, I'm done.