I broke up with my boyfriend, but now he's all I can think about. What should I do?

I broke up with my boyfriend almost a month ago, around the same time this guy I thought I really liked got out of a relationship. I'm starting to realize the reason I broke it off was for me to hopefully talk to the guy I thought I really liked. I'm not into him and I can't stop thinking about my ex. I catch myself staring at my ex and when someone mentions another girl flirting with him, I kind of tense up and I feel heartbroken that I lost someone as amazing as him. What does it mean?

75

Most Helpful Guy

• it means you didn't realised what you had until it wasn't around any more

Most Helpful Girl

• "I'm starting to realize the reason I broke it off was for me to hopefully talk to the guy I thought I really liked."
    ^ Was that really the only reason why you broke up with your ex? Are you sure you're not only thinking about him now because you and the other guy didn't lead to anything and you're just lonely?

If you genuinely do regret breaking up with him, maybe try talking to him and telling him you made a mistake and miss him or something.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 4

• did you breakup with your ex so you could have a chance with this other guy?

• Basically, I started talking to the other guy but I realized I still really have feelings for my ex and I don't really know what to do about the whole situation

• well if you broke up with your ex, to have a shot at this new guy, thats a real dick move.

learn from your heartache, and dont do it to the next guy. as for your ex, he isn't a backup plan or a consolation prize, leave him be to get on with life.

• Well try and reconnect with your exBF. This sort of stuff happens. That happened to me in fact.

• Smoke weed,

• You ever heard of the story with the dog and the bone?

What Girls Said 6

• It's too late to apologize, it's too laaaaaate!
    If you left your guy for another dude it basically means you weren't really in love with him...

• Go talk to your ex

• you still have filings for him..
    if you really love him.. try to make things up and try to get back to him

• Concentate on sports and study or job. And wait until the pain is over.

• @joeman1252 what should she do?

• It's your own fault