How can I win if sue my ex for throwing my camera without notifying me?

I lent a camera to my ex girlfriend before we broke up and it was over 4000 dollars. I have texted her several times for my camera after we broke up and finally her roommate told me that she throw it away. I talked to her today and she said she doesn't want to compensate for that then asked me to call the cops. Here's what I have: I recorded our conversation and she admitted it in the record. I don't have the receipt but I do have the boxes of the camera and there should be record in the camera store. The camera is quite valuable and meaningful for me. Waiting for your answers sincerely.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, if she INTENTIONALLY tossed it away then yes you could sue her and go through the trouble. The money to file all this is probably worth more than your camera. Filing Fees: Currently, filing fees are generally $30 for suits up to $1,500, $50 for up to $5,000 and $75 up to $10,000. But I'm not a lawyer.

Im sure if she got served that she was sued she probably be more willing to just pay up.

• Appreciate for your patient answer😄What If she doesn't know about this and just keep suing with me?

• Why does she need to sue you? Is there a reason not expressed in your question and explanation?

• Sorry about my English... I didn't mean sue. I mean what if she doesn't care about the fee and just keep struggling with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• pretty sure you'll win with evidence on hand.

take her to small claims court, sue her ass. then pursue damages.

What Girls Said 4

• JUDGE JUDY TIME LMAOOO

• Take her to small claims court. It seems like you have solid evidence.

• I would suggest you seek legal advice.. It rather sounds like you may have a very strong case.

• Thank you. But how can I get a legal advice? I'm an international student and I don't know how it runs here😥

• It's ok and appreciate for you answer😄

• You're very welcome.. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.. Am fairly confident that someone knowledgeable on the US legal system should be able to help though.

• Um.
    It's a camera

What Guys Said 1

• Call a lawyer. You have a strong case.

• Thank you. But I'm worrying the expensive fee for a lawyer...

• @Nikkie_89 I really appreciate for your answer😄But the witnesses would all be her friends and they would probably stand on her side. Is that bad for me?

• you said you had a recording that sounds like enough evidence and all you will need is proof of camera price and you bought it. usually if you paid by card there is some form of records