What to do if you screwed up the best thing that ever happened to you?

I never believed in fairy tales till it actually happened to me. I fucking screwed up. I lied and twisted my way through the relationship till he got fed up and left. A month later, I realised what an awful person I am. Apologising to him is not possible. What's the best way to forgive myself and move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Fall in love with something new that fills the hole left in the gaping heart. *Someone* is not advisable, *something*. Once healed, you can find that someone.

You don't really forgive yourself in these cases necessarily. You become like a phoenix, reborn, and the past self will seem like someone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• You obviously feel guilty and have realised you were in the wrong , so the only thing you can do is learn from your mistake. Like they say, your best teacher is your last mistake. Mediate on the reasons why you felt you had to lie , then challenge your behaviour and change your ways, so you don't repeatedly make the same mistake, by lying and deceiving in future relationships

Some of the most valuable lessons in life are those learnt from the most painful experiences caused by your own wrong decisions. Mistakes shouldn't define you , they should guide you. So just work on improving yourself.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Best way to forgive yourself, is to write a letter or an email to him letting him know he was a wonderful guy and you were the one who fucked up. Tell him thank you and you are appreciative of the time he has given to you.

The reason why you should do this, is you can't hurt someone and then come around and forgive yourself. You need, at the very least, acknowledge the other person that you wronged him. Even if you said it once or twice, a warm letter goes a long way. Even if he responds back harshly, you can then say you reached out and tried. Its the effort people appreciate.

• you sound like such a shitty human

• Get myself a bottle of rum and get waisted

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!