If a breakup is what I want, why does it hurt so much?

I'm the one who wanted to end the relationship and now I'm the one who wants him to show that he cares about me. I guess I wanted him to not want to break up as much as I didn't even though in my mind it's for the best. Why is this hurting me if I wanted to breakup? I don't understand.

64

Most Helpful Guy

• as legolas father thranduil said in the hobbit the battle of five armies, when tauriel was grieving over kili's death and asked the great elven kind thranduil why it hurt so much, he told her, because it was real. Hopes this helps you out and if not, i can't reply back soon since im currently on my way back to the shire. Greetins, Bilbo Baggins.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal to feel sad after a break up, even when you're the one who ended it.

Maybe you're just lonely and miss the comfort of being in a relationship. Keep reminding yourself of why you broke up with him in the first place, and why it was "for the best."

• I do miss the comfort. I keep crying and even when I think of calling and reaching out, my mind is telling me not to because being apart is for the best. I just really loved him and I wished he could have showed me a little more love and respect.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• because you had/have feelings

• It could be because you had more invested in the relationship or stronger feelings for him than he had for you :/

• Because you were used to being with him, over time it will get better. Just move on.

What Girls Said 5

• How long ago did you break up? If it's been a month or two, maybe you need to think about what it is that you're missing. Are you missing him? Or having someone there to share things with, having that affection etc. Emotionally we're at our highest after a break up, and we're not thinking clearly or logically.

Take the time to relax, spend time with good friends and family and vent to them. Make yourself happy again, without needing someone else to do it. Trust me, it gets easier x

• You're experiencing loss whether you wanted it or not it's still loss. Try to stay busy with other things. School, work, your friends, the gym or other activities that require your attention. If you do find you're so thinking about him, just keep listing in your mind all the reasons you wanted out. if it helps, write them down. Trust your judgement and these feelings will begin to diminish.
    Good luck❤️

• You still care about your ex, but you made the level headed decision of not being w/a person who will make you miserable. I had that w/my ex and though I cared for him deeply, I was sick of being mistreated.

• It's totally understandable that you are hurt by this because it makes you feel like he never gave a shit at all. But all that means is that you made the right decision.

• Your strong for doing this! feelings go away over time might take you awhile but never less you did the right thing