Girls, have you ever dumped a guy because he was too emotional?

Ever happened?

261

Most Helpful Girl

• I have, and if things didn't always go his way he'd try emotional manipulation and suicide threats/promises. He actually attempted suicide when I dumped him and he landed in the hospital for it. I just wasn't having it, and I definitely didn't want to deal with someone who thought so little about their life.

What Girls Said 25

• I've only been with the one guy so nah, that's never happened. I doubt I'd break up with someone for being too emotional, it's more likely I wouldn't get with them in the first place. I'm super emotional (like I cry on a pretty daily basis, I was crying like 10 minutes ago) so I don't think I'd be able to be with someone as emotional as me.

• aww what were you crying about?

• The boyfriend and I were having a debate on whether greatness was objective or not and I got frustrated, partly because he was playing devil's advocate and disagreeing with me and partly because I'm so bad at arguing I get flustered :P I'm an angry crier as well as a scared crier, a sad crier and I cry when I'm in pain. It's just my thing.

• No.

I dumped my first boyfriend (if you want to call our whatever it was a relationship haha) for not talking to me.
    I dumped my second boyfriend for doing a 180 personality change and attacking me physically.

No "too emotional" reasons yet.

• No that has never happened. I'll always listen, try to understand why his that way in the first place and get to the nitty gritty. I'm going to be honest with my replies so I'm not going to sugar coat it or anything. (off the topic a bit now) but sometimes my boyfriend likes it and sometimes he doesn't lol but I speak my mind and It's just how I am.

• No, I haven't.
    Emotions could be attractive.

So it depends on what type of 'emotions'
    you mean and to what extent.

For example, Jealousy or anger in an
    abnormal way could be really immature
    and unattractive. I witnessed that before.
    I am sorry. I am a person who has absolutely
    no time for drama. -_-"

• Depends on what he's emotional about. Cry or be sad over death of a loved one, or loss of a pet, I'm understanding and it doesn't bother me at all. Cry over a Hallmark commercial, I'm out.

• I only dumped a guy because he was too emotional AND I wasn't into him. Otherwise, never happened.

• If you were into him would you still have dumped him for that reason?

• No I would not. I mean if he was excessive, overly emotional non-stop, first I would try to work with him to contain it and feel secure with me. But if that didn't work and it was over the top over a long period, then I might. But long story short, I would try to work with him on it to make him happy/at ease.

• No but if that were the case I'd probably be dumped by him for being too cold. I literally have no idea what to do with emotional people. I only have a few modes and those are hungry, sleep, trollolol, and lolwtfholycrap. If you have anymore modes than those, then I don't know what to tell you. I'll let you cry on my shoulder but I'll probably be laughing.

• No. If anything, I didn't think they were emotional enough. I wanted an emotionless robot to give me orgasms, I'd go to my vibrator lol

• I dumped a guy because he got too serious and too clingy, if that counts.

• What do you mean by 'too serious?'

• Wow obsessive!

• I don't think I have. Though I did leave a guy who was way to sweet. Like to the point it makes your teeth ache.

• Never. But I don't have a lot of time to deal with doubts and insecurities. I would stay if he was getting better. I wouldn't expect a guy to stay with me if I was crazy emotional either.

• Nope, I've never done that.

• Don't think I'll ever do unless i didn't lke him.

• Never dated a guy that was too emotional. I did however know a guy who liked me and he cried all the time. It's ok to cry, but over dumb shit was too much, never made it to dating for that reason.

• that is because of your personality. psychology between every individual is different. what op needs to understand that it depends on the girl. some girls have a personality that prefers emotional guys and some don't.

• @chriss I like emotional guys, just not to an extent where I have to care for them in the way I would a child.

• No but i broke up with someone actually because He was too distant emotionally. I think being distant is more problematic.

• No... I'm on the edge with my boyfriend and he is way too emotional for me lately but that's not going to be the breaking point. I'd feel like the biggest jerk ever if I were to break up with a guy who's quite emotional.

• Not for that. I imagine it can be pretty annoying though

• No...

• No I haven't. Emotions I can handle. Negativity and complaining not so much.

• My ex was super emotional but not why I dumped him.

• more like too clingy :)

• No. I never have.

• Yes, but not exactly because he was emotional, more because he was boring.

• No, but I've broken up with someone because they didn't show enough emotion if that suffices for anything.

• No, not really. Is clingy and obsessive consider too emotional? My first boyfriend literally had to physically touch me every time we were near each other (hand holding was ok, but then he wanted to be behind me and have his arms wrapped around me, even when we walked which was awkward). He bought me a necklace the day he asked me out. He called me and got mad at me when I had practice and couldn't reply. He kept thinking I was with another guy, and would get very angry.

One guy I dated was really sensitive and emotional but that was not why I broke it off with him. He liked to drink, and would get verbally abusive. I was afraid it'd turn into physical abuse (he almost tried it once), so that was that.

What Guys Said 1

• Can't say that I have, than again I can't say I've dated a guy. Gus just aren't dateable like woman are.