How do you get over the feeling of being used?

My ex boyfriend treats me really bad. He keeps sexting me and asking me to come over. I've told him to stop and leave me alone and that I wouldn't sleep with him and that he makes me cry like all the time. He's a jerk but I feel so bad and like sex is the only thing I'm good for. He's my first boyfriend and all and I loved him with all my heart so now that I realise that he was just using me for sex it makes me want to jump off a bridge and just die :( How do you cope with this kind of feeling and make yourself feel better?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Well when I was taken advantage of I had to get it out of my system
    And convince myself that I was too good for that person... And that they didn't deserve me. And also that my
    Future will be brighter without them in it! Just stay the course! You will find someone worthy of your love! It's innevitable

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, you need to stop inviting and including him into your life after he screwed you over and disrespected you. Stop giving him the option to be accessible to you, your time, your energy, your mind, and your mood. That alone will make you feel a heck of a lot better. Exile him from your life: he's earned it. Delete and block him from everywhere as an act of respect and courtesy to yourself.

Once you do this, you will have created a clean slate to recover and heal from the emotional damage he's caused. YOU CANNOT HEAL AND MOVE ON WITH HIM IN YOUR LIFE. It is impossible for you to move forward with him popping up and keeping you in reverse because you are tethered to the pain and disappointment he's caused. Cut him off completely so that you can focus on rebuilding your self-esteem. Fill your head with new thoughts of positivity, beauty, knowledge, and visions for the future that upstage whatever he brought to the table. Get in the best shape of your life! Do things that excite your spirit. Understand that not every guy is going to use your body for his gratification. This guy simply has issues and doesn't respect women. There is so much better out there.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• If he keeps up the harassment, you need to seek legal help. Talk to teachers, counselors, the police, someone.
    Also, NO ONE is worth ending your life for. Better days are always ahead.

• he wasn't necessarily using you for sex the whole time. just stop talking to him. block his number

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah I have felt that way in the past, what helps is I know it wasn't me, I was just being weak and he was the one who was in the wrong, he knew exactly what he was doing, and I unfortunately was too naive until I realized like you, blocked and moved on. I'm a much better person today :)

• You set your own standards of how people treat you. They treat you how you allow them to treat you. Just cut contact and try to move on from him. Failed relationships are never a waste of time, because even if they didn't bring you what you did want... they taught you exactly what you don't want.

• You were using him too.

You used him to feel loved but it didn't happen so now you're upset.

You'll feel better once you start to really love yourself. You're not going to find the inner peace you need in a boyfriend or a sexual relationship. Focus on your life and you will feel better.

I turned to this motto when I was in a similar situation

m.quickmeme.com/.../...66b40970b887e46b030d57e.jpg

It means follow your dreams, focus on making yourself a better person and don't make relationships a priority. Because boys can be nothing but hoes and tricks