Why do some girls say "If you love me, you'll let me go"?

As if Ihad a choice. To me saying that is like a slap in the face. That is one of the most painful, cheapest things a girl can say.

11
Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• Why is it cheap? It's basically saying "leave me alone, stop pretending you care because this attention is not what I want. If you cared you would leave me alone".

• "Leave me alone, stop pretending you care because this attention is not what I want. If you cared you would leave me alone" Makes no sense at all, what attention does she want? So a guy leaving her alone is caring? When the guy was doing everything he can. So if she starts a relationship with another guy what is that called then, not caring? It's just a bs hail mary phrase that a girl says at the end of the relationship that the guy can't respond to that still makes the girl look good.

• So then the girl should just lady up and say she wants to break up instead of saying a bs phrase like that. She should say it how it is so I can say it how she said it when people ask me why we split up.

• Right, you need to include all the details if you want a proper answer. Write a paragraph and not some randomly put together words that don't explain the situation.

So, lets start again: you and your girlfriend are having issues, you are trying to fix them but she keeps saying "if you loved me you would leave me", but you don't dump her. You keep trying.

Is that right?

What Guys Said 1

• It's called emotional blackmail. I agree with you.