IS this a stupid reason to break up?

For 3 months my boyfriend and I were having a seemingly great relationship...

Then one day he asked if I could wear red lipstick as he liked it. I actually don't have any red lipstick but told him that I could buy some if he really wanted. When I saw him at school the next day things seemed fine, but that evening he texted me saying that we have nothing in common and we don't make a good match. Also he told me that I'm 'boring'.

I knew that the reason he gave was BS. So weeks later I finally confronted him that breaking up over text was weak. Then he lashed out saying he was the only one in our relationship who put in any effort. He was pissed that when he asked me to wear lipstick I didn't. So he left.

But I thought, hang on - how come if I was making you so unhappy this whole time you never said a word? And he always told me that I made him happy. Am I in the wrong? If it meant so much too him I would have done it. But he just left.

43

Most Helpful Guy

• He is your love, if he admires you with lipsticks then wear it for him. You live your life for others while others live theirs for you. Also look for something you admire in him, and ask him to put it on. But he is wrong getting angry.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's looking for a sexy girlfriend.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• He should respect what you like and dislike. Try to explain him what you likeand opposite. I think its so easy..

• your wasting your time mrs he's not a keeper if he breaks up with you over not wearing the lipstick he likes then he's a prat you deserve someone so much better good luck :)

What Girls Said 3

• You've already ask question on the subject, just with different words. As I already answered, you're overreacting, His reason was valid and no it wasn't just because of a lipstick but because he though you weren't involved enough.

• He's a douche bag, I think you're better off without him.
    Please don't feel hurt over such a jerk.

• This kind of guy is just not worth your time