Is it cheating if spouse asks for a divorce?

A couple had a marriage that was sexless, spent little time together, with a child. A spouse asks for a divorce, devastated the family but the couple agrees to try towork things out, yet the spouse that asked for the divorce refused marriage counselling. The other spouse tried to work on the marriage during the next six months. After the 6 months, the spouse that asked for the divorce asked for it again. No separation agreement or divorce papers. The other spouse quickly moved on and met another person. The spouse that asked for the divorce learned of the relationship and claimed it was cheating. Do you agree?

Most Helpful Girl

• nope it means bye bye

Most Helpful Guy

• If they agree upon separating and one moved out then it's not really cheating, you can always get an uncontested divorce if the other doesn't want it. I have the same thing going on but she started cheating and I didn't want a divorce, she wouldn't go to counseling but I still wanted to work on it, after years of this she moved out with the kids into the other guys place while I'm stuck short selling the house

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• Nope, I don't think it's cheating. A divorce often take a lot of times, why would someone stop living because of a procedure?

What Guys Said 4

• "Legally" it was cheating because they were still legally married. However, it wasn't really cheating because it was clear that the relationship had ended long before.

• Yes, because legally that are married.

• Well touchy subject. It appears they agreed to work things out but one kept moving. From my position what ever State there in it will count in that manner. California only one can ask for a divorce at any point. Not considered cheating.

• No. He has put an end to the relationship.