Guys can you be friends with your ex?

Broke up with my boyfriend because he was secretly online dating and lying to me about it, as well as not calling me or ignoring me and acting distanct claiming he's always "busy". He admitted it was his fault and wished I didn't end it with him but isn't attempting to win me back. He claimed that he hasn't felt a connection like he does with me with anyone for years said he was addicted to me, chased me consistently at first and now he seems to have moved on. He put his pictures back up on the dating site 2 days after I broke up with him. We had a heart to heart and he said he'd call me yet I've heard nothing. i called him 2 days after (stupid i know) because I do miss him but I don't want to beg him to get back together especially when he's in the wrong and admitted it, so I said I still want to be friends and he said he 100 percent wants to be in My life and promised to call me later that night. Still nothing, yet he's online on whatsapp all night. Is he expecting me to tell him I want him back or has he lost interest and moved on? Why would he tell me he's going to call if he has no intentions of doing so?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh i have been there. Can you be friends with an ex? Yes , after many years when everything will be forgotten. Should you be friends with an ex? Probably not, unless if you have kids together and you doing it for their sake. What i understand is that you are trying to hold on to him , you dont really want to be friends , you just can't let go. We all did that at some point. But the way he treats you is wrong. I am sorry to say this but it seems that he can't man up and tell you the truth and just gives you false hope. His behavior shows that he doesn't want to be together but can't say it straight. Dont you think you deserve better than a guy who treats you like this?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly, my girlfriend break up with me a month and half ago, and we're still facebook friends, but no communication at all, I typed ot her but she didn't give a response, afterall
    she only send me a short message for my birthday like this:
    Happy birthday wish you happiness, health love, with respect Julia.
    I was not able to understand it so good but... I really miss and love her.

• I really miss him and want him back I've tried calling and he's promised to call me back twice but hasn't. Does he want me to chase him or has he moved on? Maybe she wants you to chase her..

• Perhaps you can try your chance to visit him somewhere, and tell him you're doing okay, otherwise if you wait too much you will loose everything I guess...

In my case I don't know she want to chase her, but she was angry when I tried to reach her first time, I really love her and I'm going trought decision about suicide we was being together about 4 years...

• No I can't be friends with any exes

• people do this to get sex when its dry or theyre just weak and tell themslevse lies

What Girls Said 2

• I can't say what you should do in your situation, but for me it would depend on whether we were friends before we started dating and how/why the relationship ended.

• You can be friends with your ex under certain circumstances. Firstly, if either of you hasn't moved on emotionally, it's gonna be hard. Next, he has to want to be friends too (you covered that one, I sadly didnt). Lastly, you would have to have been friends to begin with. If the relationship was build on attraction and lust but you weren't mentally compatible to begin with, friendship isn't gonna happen. You can't 'stay' anything you've never been.