What is the most common reason you stop dating someone?

Of the seven reasons below, which is the most common cause you stop dating someone or end a relationship?

Differences in Life Goals - Unable to agree on when to get married, have kids, where to live, etc.

Lack of Physical Attraction - They let themselves go and gained weight, or you just weren't all that attracted to them to start with.

Excessive Neediness\Jealousy - Angry when you don't respond to calls\texts when they think you should. Jealous of friends. Wants to know where you are.

Lack of Common Interests - Unable to find common interest and hobbies you can enjoy and spend time together doing.

Disagreements About Religious or Political Issues - Not able to agree on who to vote for, what church to go to, beliefs to teach your children, etc.

They're Not Affectionate Enough - They don't show or communicate that they care. They no longer seem interested in dating you or the relationship.

They Cheated on You - No one likes a cheater.

• Differences in Life Goals
  • Lack of Physical Attraction
  • Excessive Neediness\Jealousy
    Vote C
  • Lack of Common Interests
    Vote D
  • Disagreements About Religious or Political Issues
    Vote E
  • Not Affectionate Enough
    Vote F
  • Cheated on You
    Vote G

3015

Most Helpful Girl

• I am going to say, you just start noticing the hate. They put you down, disregard your feelings, act like you are crazy even if you are not, talk to you like you are stupid, act like they are better than you, and start to make you feel stressed out like everything is your fault. When they hurt you mentally and emotionally, then tell you that you are the problem and for you to just be quiet and be happy.

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 29

• Mine would be is the guy stops going out of his way for me, I become a routine. If a guy wants to get serious w/me, we actually both need to make steps for us to continue the relationship and grow as a couple. Once the relationship hits the one way street I leave.

• that's so hard omg...

for me it isn't really any of these. like sure some would count but they aren't common ones. in my experience, they are:

- he's fake, just to please me.
    - he puts me down without realising.
    - he just can't read me or emotionally connect to me.
    - excessive jealousy is one, but i didn't vote for it.
    - i'm the one putting in all the effort [so not affectionate enough which i voted for]

• Any kind of betrayal
    If I was the only one making the effort. If he wasn't making an effort to be part of my life
    Unreliable
    If I started to feel emotionally unsafe with him.
    If he never considered my feelings
    If he wasn't interested in getting to know who I am as a person

• I picked the first one. I'm usually dumped because I want to get married and they aren't ready for that in their lives at the moment.

Though my last boyfriend, it ended because he cheated.

• Being cheated on has ended all but one relationship that I've been in. The other ended because he was not affectionate and I am a touchy-feely type.

• I just stop caring! i stop. I mean I always loved never gonna stop but I was just tired.

• Not affectionate enough/trust issues have ended the majority of my relationships.

• Differences in Life Goals and lack of common interests for me :) But the first one especially.

• The jealousy thing and the life goals. If they had ambitions in life like me, maybe they'd have less time to let their idleness and darkside of their imaginations take control.

• None of the above.

For the majority of the time it was because they wanted more from the relationship and I didn't.

• 1. Cheated on me
    2. Not affectionate enough
    3. Lack of physical attraction.
    That's how it works for me.

• Eh I would say cheating because without trust what is left?

• To be honest, all the reasons besides cheating, andreligious/political beliefs can be disregarded, if both sides were to just be calm and open with eachother. Even jealousy could be.

• Excessive neediness is the #1 for me, it makes me not only disinterested but it builds up a hate that makes me actually angry when I see the person.

• Whats the point in getting in a relationship if u dont wanna see him as much as he does? Dont dont even get into one if u aren't rdy at all ;P

• @Spiralex Okay why u writ like dis? U look lik a fuking moron.
      I don't hate men, I love men, I just strongly dislike the batshit crazy ones who act like tics sucking my blood.

• I agree. I thought neediness would be the biggest one. I guess I underestimated how much often people cheat. Even it its just a friend it is extremely annoying. I helped get a friend of mine a job in the same department I work, then all of a sudden he wants to have conversations all day at work and makes passive aggressive comments if I don't respond when he wants me to or he'll come over to my desk to see what I'm working on because he doesn't believe I'm busy working. I've had dates who do similar things too. Women who want you to text them every single day while you're at work and you haven't even gone on a first date yet.

It's nice when a friend or date texts you to say hi, but not if they have a "respond back to me right now or I'm going to hold it against you later" attitude when doing so.

• -If he's an atheist
    -If he cheated on me continuously
    -Dosent know how to talk to me nicely and respectfully.
    -Dosent see him as his equal
    -Not affectionate and possessive towards me
    -Immature

• Where he/she was a douche canoe button?

• My ex was just a jerk and payed no attention to me. He started being really mean and just never was nice so I broke up with him

• Where's the option for I never started dating in the first place?

• Interesting they did t day kids from a previous relationship

• When there's nothing left to talk about and he doesn't want to do anything new.

• More like u LUV using men for entertainment purpose ic ;P

• @Spiralex Ok, first of all, I never said that men should "fake it till they make it". I don't believe in that sort of crap. I only believe in genuine confidence.

Second of all, "Sooner or later they won't have much to talk about" has nothing to do with "fake it till you make it". Guys can fake being confident, but that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Being confident and being boring are two different things.

Third of all, no one has ever claimed that women do not like to be won over. Women love being won over.

In conclusion, stop being so damn insecure. Don't blame women for your troubles, instead work on becoming a more interesting and confident person by having many hobbies and working on your skills.

• @Spiralex keyspirits is that you? :)

• Sad to say. My last relationships ended due to growing apart.

• Because I just don't like him anymore

• I picked lack of physical attraction.
    I think once you start to lose the attraction all other interest goes with it...

• Physical attraction is Never going to last and remain forever.

Eventually EVERYBODY ages and their physical appearance will change.

Sometimes tragic accidents or other tragedies can unexpectedly happen to someone and that may change someone's appearance such as from disfigurement and scars for example.

• @JudgmentDay
      If you haven't been with them long enough to see past the outer shell, that's all you have to go on... some people age well others let themselves go, if the person changes drastically for the worst I just wouldn't be attracted to them. Just my personal opinion I do know others have theirs!

• The reason almost all of my relationships have ended in the past is due to commitment issues

• When he becomes too jelouse and never talks about his feelings

• Differences in life goals and different common interests. I can not be with someone who is not ambitious like me

• I use to think if my boyfriend ever like me at all.

• Cheating is the biggest one. One guy cheated on me. The rest neglected me or showed lack of interest, so that makes me detach and want to leave.

• Voted A.

But I've not been cheated on.

What Guys Said 14

• I voted E. Political and religious issues aren't always so dramatic, but they underlie many not so dramatic break- ups.

• Different life goals, that must be a killer!
    ".. isn't looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction", whoever wrote it first

• I'd have to say lack of common interests and differences in life goals, maybe also not being that involved some times.

I always made a point of trying to get to know people by going into relationships with them. For me it was natural and it allowed me to learn a lot.

But in many situations, I ended up figuring out that we didn't have that much in common or that the "magic" faded away after some time together.

• In my experience it's lack of communication and general incompatibility. Sometimes you need to be with someone a while to notice these things.

• Because I never started.

• You forgot to put personality traits... If a girl is judgementsl of other people... Like extremely judgmental? That's the biggest turn off I can possibly think of and I will cut her off real quick if I tell her about it and she argues or attempts to rationalize and justify herself... There's no excuse for putting down someone who's lesser than you physically... They can't control the hand they were dealt...

• My two worst breakups were caused by excessive neediness and a disagreement about religion, which quickly turned into physical abuse on her part.

• If they farted.

• For me it's when a woman stop showing interest or doesn't follow up.

• Combination of B and F. Basically she lets herself go.

• The moment u sense they aren't interested anymore and feel like they changed. there's no need to drag this any longer down the line. Juz tell the truth of what ur thinken right now so y'all can go separate ways.

• YOU BITCHES WANT TO MUCH
    YOU ARE NOT WORTH IT

• Lack of sex and affection.

• Christianity is not religion its person relationship with God- I did respect my ex's decision but as long as they listen to the reason it's fine (I have like been asked out by 6 girls- I said I said I dunno