Ladies, did I do the right thing?

So my ex and I broke up last June, for about 4 months and got back together out of mutual love for a month (from Nov - December) until she broke up with me over text 2 days before Christmas. Then after a month, she reached out and stuff and sent me mixed feelings– like she wanted to be with me but didn't. Obviously no one likes mind games, and it got to the point where she liked a new guy and kinda put it in my face. She expeceted me to remain friends with her and to be okay with it, but obviously I am not so I said I didn't want to be friends. That was a week ago. Then two days ago I decide to unfriend her on facebook, instagram, and snapchat, as it was for my own self-care, not really hatred towards her.

Did I do the right things for myself? I'm having some doubts. Plus even with the whole "out of sight" thing, she's still on my mind. I know time can heal but it seems like no matter how much pain and hurt that she has put me through I can't let go for some reason. Any tips on how to let go? Or should I hold on? I mean it's clear I still have feelings for her but just through these mixed feelings was it the right thing to call the friendship off/ block her on social media?

50

Most Helpful Girl

• yes! You did well (:

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• Without a doubt you did the right thing. If a girl isn't in love with you or doesn't like you a lot, sometimes she'll still keep you around just to have someone there when she needs someone. Girls who love you & know that they want to be with you will pretty much be there no matter what & won't send you mixed signals.

• You definitely did the right thing. I think I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes. Time does heal, and it definitely sucks sometimes. Hang in there! You did the right thing!

• You did the right thing. I've been there and actually I think it's the only way that enables you to fully get over the break-up. If she truly cares about you, she won't resent you for doing so.

• Yes you did the right thing... looking out for yourself is a really sensible move.

What Guys Said 0