"It's best that we don't speak anymore", "Yes, let's not, I don't have much of anything to say to you"?

We got in some major arguments which ended in him saying "I really think it's best we don't speak anymore." and I since we were in the middle of texting, I finished what I had to say. Several days later, despite saying "let's not speak", he wrote something petty a few days later like, " *That* is leaving you hanging. "So I said, "You said let's not speak anymore though." He wrote, "Yes, let's not, I don't have much of anything to say to you." That was 4 days ago with no peep from him since.

We just don't see eye to eye on the issues we discussed. He's been unreasonably sticking to his viewpoints. He's convinced I was implying certain things about his culture that I wasn't even implying. I know you guys aren't psychic, but from the sounds of it, does it seem like he might come around and realize how unreasonable he's been? Have you ever had someone tell you something along those lines and then try to make up with you later? I'm just focusing on moving on but part of me wonders if he might come to his senses.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Not knowing what "that" argument is about, but I do know that everyone is different in their own right. Certain values, views, etc you may have may be totally different or completely opposes his. Ever wonder why religion clashes with other religion so damn often? Same concept. What should have happened is finding each other in the middle (compromise).

For example, my girl grew up spoiled, so she tends to spoil the kids. I grew up where discipline and respect towards elders is paramount. Well the kids tend to be spoiled because of it where she stresses out why they don't listen to her as much as when they do when I say something. When we talked about it, we argued about it and she didn't want to change the way she treats the kids, but I just told her if she doesn't change her behavior now, the kids will trample over her because they will treat her like she is a peer and not a mother. So when she agreed that she wants the kids to start listening to their mother to whatever simple commands, that they'll adhere to it. All I did was tell the kids if I ever hear that you guys disobey mommy, they will learn how to hate life. Haven't heard any problem since.

Most Helpful Girl

• "let's take a break" or "let's no talking to each other"
    is the break up talk. move on...

What Guys Said 2

• Even if he does it'll always be volatile if you're together

• Sounds like he just wanted out of the relationship and made an excuse out of thin air. If I were you I'd move on. Good luck

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!