How do I talk to a shy guy if I am shy too?

There is this guy that I like and I've only spoken to him twice. But these were really short conversations. I found out from my best friend that we have a lot of things in common and a lot of things about his personality make me believe that he is the perfect one. But I've never had a boyfriend... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand exactly how you feel cause I'm a guy and I've been ( in your situation before. Shyness is like a disease, I hate it. You are already a step ahead of him though. Many shy guys (including myself) are modest and believe that they aren't really worth much to a lot of girls and therefore don't really try to talk. Don't be worried about him turning you down, because he probably feels the same way about girls he's had his eye on, but thought he'd never have a chance (which could include you). You'll never know unless you muster your strength, throw away all your fear, and tell him like it is. Its probably the hardest thing about relationships, but it gets easier. You said it yourself, you only have 2 days of school left so why not go for broke. Even if it doesn't go as planned, you won't regret not trying. There are always others.

It would have helped if you had talked to him a little more, so you could connect with him rather than basing your info. from what your friends have said, but next time you see him just say hi and ask him about his weekend. If you were in class together, let him catch you looking at him and then smile. I know shyness is barrier, but you can do it.

I wish you the best of luck!