Best way (s) to get over someone?

So what ways do you guys get over someone that you like? This does not have to do anything with me. Lmao but I'm just curious!:)

This is not about me Lol but thank you guys for all of the opinions!

411

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Meeting someone else honestly and working over time

What Guys Said 10

• # Step 1
    The first thing I do is embracing I cannot switch off my feelings for her like a switch light. Recognising my inability to effect a desirable change is itself relieving.

# Step 2
    I feel the hurtful feelings of breaking up rather than diverting attention from them. It doesn't matter if it takes a day, week or month. Diverting focus from the hurtful feelings only decelerate the recovery process.

# Step 3
    I accept she is no longer with me, instead of nursing hope and fighting for her to come back. This is the biggest mistake I made in my first breakup. It only heightens the pain and prolongs the recovery process.

# Step 4
    I focus on the good memories she brought to my life, and on things I would have loved to experience with her. This shifts my mind from hurtful to positive emotions. The mistake I made with my first breakup is I focused on her frailties to convince myself she wasn't beautiful enough. I was merely lying to myself because if she wasn't good enough I won't have been with her in the first place.

# Step 5
    I remove items (e. g. clothes, cosmetics, pictures, etc.) that I associate with her. I also block and delete all her phone number, email address and other forms of communication like whatsapp, etc., including the contacts of some of her friends.

# Step 6
    While carrying out the above five steps I engage quite a lot in activities, such as meditation, running, gym and strolling in the woods and park. I set important activities to do daily, and focus on completing them.

# Step 7
    I draw inspiration from my first breakup. I flash my mind back and challenge my behaviours and thoughts. My world didn't crumble. I dated beautiful girls after that. I then flash my mind back to current breakup. It then suddenly changes my perspective, confidence and mood. It's like telling myself I have been through this before, and came out stronger 6 to 12 months after the breakup.

• Getting over someone isn't easy. That's part of the whole deal. You should focus less on trying to forget about whatever happened, be it breakup or rejection, and think about what went wrong, either on your end or the other person. Chances are, there's always something you can fix for next time.

In terms of just "getting over" it, I just listen to music, I guess. you aren't going to get a standard answer for this question, but the majority will involve hanging out with friends, or distracting yourself with something else to do.

• well there is no magic way, just forget, hang out with friends and do something useful with life and just forget, if that person hurt you its easier to hate him and forget but for the most part all you can do is forget... so you gotta have some badass will power.

• there is nothing you can do because the brain is dealing with rejection. it just takes time depending on the individual personality. they will have to accept the pain and wait until the brain heals itself

• Looking at you status it looks like someone really hurt you...

The best way is to forget what happened... take your time to heal and let the process happen...

• go out on a date with me and eat a big bowl of shut the fuck up lol.

• I also want to know, but you want to anything with me here I am :D

• No more contact or giving into seeing how or where they at.

If u can surround urself with friends

• to get over her i get under another girl.

• shit someone else just said it

What Girls Said 3

• I play music and watch romantic movies. And eat junk food and than! After I stop crying I think I don't need anyone. lol And than I crush on celebrities!

• Get busy filling your day and mind with other things.

• It isn't a case of "getting over it". It's a case of "getting through it". I just take each day as it comes , and if i find myself thinking about him i try to focus my mind elsewhere. I keep active, spend time with friends or go to the gym.

Time doesn't heal the pain... it's what you do with your time that heals it. Gradually you think about him less and less until eventually your feelings start to fade, Then one day you wake up and find you can finally think about him and smile, instead of breaking down in tears