Why do exes stop talking to each other?

I was the one to leave the guy I was dating because he did some things.. He would still always greet me, he was still nice even though he got a new girlfriend. I decided to unfollow him on social media to make it easier for me to move on but after I did he stopped talking to me? We don't say anything when we see each other anymore? I just think it's sad how it can be that way after being so close but I suppose it's a good thing. I'm getting used to it I suppose.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not precisely sure about others, but I stop talking to my ex because keeping them as a factor in my life would typically be problematic later on. I'm not about bullshit and I'm not about spending even the most minimal thought, effort, or energy on people who's presence doesn't hold a certain ACTIVE importance to me. Yeah, at some point and time, his presence held a highly active importance to me but that significance is now inactive and motionless. A former relationship is an unmoving bond that just stays still and doesn't stir any emotion so why keep them around? Seems pointless to me.

What Guys Said 1

• I am not not-talking to my ex, so I don't know what you're talking about. Depends on how grown up you two are at the point of breaking up.

What Girls Said 2

• I stop talking to my exes because I don't see the reason beyond it. Why would you wanna be friends with them? It just delays the move on process.

Plus I don't want them to have me as an option because most of the time, after a few years they will come back telling me the grandmother story on how they have made a mistake, or they aren't happy with the new bitches they are with, they cannot forget me bla bla bla. I better cut them off from my life so they can't start any conversation with me.

• You can't properly move on if you have ties to the thing you're moving on from.