Can you divorce someone who's in jail?

This is more wondering then I'm. In this sisutiom know my luck with girls though I'd probley either get one like this or a major controller ( I'd rather have the criminal girl then the controller). But say you spouse got a 10-20 year send and you wanted to divorce him or her and since hey can't sign the paper wall there in jail what do you do?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• In my state, a felony conviction of a spouse is grounds for a divorce. So apparently the system is set up to divorce incarcerated people.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• People divorce people while they're in jail all the time but I don't know how it works

What Guys Said 1

• File for divorce anyway... If she can't be reached... Your divorce will be finalized anyway.
    If there is property or children in dispute... They will bring her to court from jail or prison to testify or express her wants or interests in the matter.
    I know... Because my ex came to court dressed in orange.