I just broke up with someone for the first time and I'm feeling really really terrible. Do you have any advice for me so I can feel better soon?

I can't stop crying. It comes in waves... One minute I forget and the next minute I'm just devastated... I don't know what to do. I keep replaying everything over and over again in my head... It was the right decision but I feel really lonely...

62

Most Helpful Guy

• Is this your first time? Don't even worry about it. If you try to look at it logically, first time relationships typically do not last forever. You only have so much control in this world, unexpected things are going to happen along the way and then you'd feel sad and let down by them.

But you can't really change it now, you can only move on and move forward. If both of you had tried your best and then things just don't work out then that is just how it is going to be.

Perhaps, maybe one day, you guys will be in each others lives again and maybe you two can get back together. But it rarely ever happens so you can only move forward and learn to get a grip of your emotions and focus on other things that will bring you fulfillment and worth your time, energy and effort. Just do something else. Call up or text all your single friends and buddies, maybe you guys can hang out together and support each other emotionally somehow and help you get through with this sadness and loneliness that you are going through.

In reality when it comes to the feeling of loneliness, I think that we are ALL really alone on the inside and ultimately we all really do die alone, unless it was like a plane crash or some major disaster or cataclysm like an major earthquake or something where many people would die at the same time.

Just because if you have somebody it does not mean that someone will actually be there with you forever till the day you leave this world.

More often than not, one person goes before the other leaving the other behind. Unless such a terrible situation or tragedy like the examples I had mentioned earlier. Then again their's that about 50 percent divorce rate for marriages so would that not make you think that breakups are likely going to occur just as common?

Once you realize this, you may not really care or make a big deal about it any more.

Go out there and explore the world. Travel. Do something else. Do something fun. Instead of dwelling on how unhappy and lonely you currently are feeling.

Most Helpful Girl

• The decisions that are for the best are often the hardest to deal with in the aftermath. Focus on why it was a good decision. It's okay to grieve, your heart is hurting. Stay strong. Talk to friends (or strangers here haha) and watch good movies

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• Focus on the things that made the decision the right one. Don't let yourself think about the good times. It'll get better with time.

What Girls Said 5

• Right now your emotions are all over the place. You're not able to think logically and it's really difficult. The best thing you can do is make yourself happy. Was there anything that you loved to do before you were in a relationship? Do that. Learn new things, take up a new hobby. Make yourself look amazing no matter what you do. Allow yourself time each day to be upset, accept how you're feeling, but do not contact them. Keep yourself busy or go for a run each time you want to contact them or feel lonely. Even better yet, go out with your friends. Pamper yourself. You'll be so busy you won't have time to think about them.

• -you will find someone new to be with
    -you just have to work on making yourself more loving and easy to be with
    -always remember to forgive and let go of the past
    -don't forget to learn your lesson whatever it was

• Why did you break up?

• Breaking up with anybody you had or have feelings for can be an emotionally troubling time. You need to concentrate on why you broke up and think of the best things you can do without that person then do as many of them as possible. It won't be easy and you will go back to thinking about them but persevere and you will get over them.

• Hey! I split up with my boyfriend of four years, 3 weeks ago. First few days where hell but it gets better. You'll find someone when the time is right :)