Would you ever be with anyone that's not over their ex?

Would you put yourself in that position if the person told you they're not over their ex? The guy I was seeing who I really liked told me this tonight. And told me he is so confused that he doesn't want to lose me either. But I had to end it for my own sake.

Are you this poistion or are you the one that's not over their ex and with someone else?

• Yes, if I really liked the person, I would have hope they'ed fall for me
  • No, worst idea to put yourself in that poistion
  • Other ( please explain below )
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

86

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell no. My ex used to constantly talk about her ex with me, and for the first times I was silent, then I grew irritated and asked to stop talking about him. That usually lasted a few weeks, but she always started jappering on about him again !!! Finally I just fell out of love with her and broke up with her; I think her talking so much about her ex (which I didn't want to hear anything about) played a significant part

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope experienced that and never again.

What Guys Said 5

• Not if I knew that she wasn't over her ex yet.

• no way... too unstable

• Do people really ever get over their ex? (I mean that special on you were with for years) Especially hard when you share children

• No because all their mind set to is the other person

• Fuck no

What Girls Said 7

• I think it depends. Honestly, the best cure for broken heart IS someone else. You are never really over your ex until you fall in love again. And how are you gonna fall in love again if you weren't given a chance?
    I am still not over my ex either and it's been a year. We've been together for 4 years and it's not something you can shake off by just being alone (lonely) and to move on just like that. My heart IS broken and I'm still collecting the pieces, but that last piece should be put by someone else, I can't do that by myself. But not being over your ex doesn't mean you still love them and want to be with them. I don't want to be with him ever again, I don't even want to hear about him, we ended on a very bad note. I just want to put it behind me and let someone new in my heart.

• Never!! No matter how much i liked him i wouldn't pursue a relationship with him. People can't love with a broken heart. They need to heal first before they enter into a new relationship , because if they don't they only end up hurting themselves more , as well as the person who they are in a "rebound" relationship with.

. I would never give my heart to someone who was still picking up the pieces of their own. I wouldn't put myself in such a vulnerable position.

• Hell no. I was the girl who wasn't really over an ex but got into a relationship anyways. And it causes hurt both ways. I feel terrible to this day, because that guy that I was dating while I was getting over my ex, was a very nice guy, and didn't deserve the pain I put him through. And I hurt more as the relationship with the rebound progressed because I realized that he will never be my ex.

From then on, when I broke up, I stayed single until I was over my ex.

• I'm not crazy.

• I've never been in that position. I think I might tell him to call me when he's okay to move forward

• best thing you could of done! I had the same thing happen to me... my ex told me that he still had feelings for his ex and he was actually texting her whiles laying in bed next to me!

• Getting with someone like that would be selling myself short. If a guy is torn between me and someone else then he clearly doesn't care enough about me for me to even consider getting with him. Gotta have self-respect.