I cried about breaking up with my girlfriend? Normal?

Hi, I dated my girlfriend for six months. Long story short I think I fell in love with her and when we broke up I fell into a week or two of grief. The last time we talked and it was for sure over I walked down to my basement and started punching my punching bag and I legit sobbed. I mean not cry but like the worst I've ever cried in my life probably. Is that normal? Don't be a jerk and say "men don't cry" (that was to men not women)

86

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes? You're experiencing emotional pain after the breakup. It's completely normal to get upset and cry about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perfectly normal, I am sure everyone in their life has done that.

What Girls Said 7

• Tears are 1% water and 99% feelings, so it's a normal human reaction to get emotional over someone you care about. She was part of your life for 6 months so you'll feel as though there's a void in your life right now. It takes time to get used to the idea of someone not being part of your life anymore. Tears are like a safety valve which releases when too much pressure is on your "heart" . I find crying very therapeutic. I always feel better after i have cried.

Crying doesn't means you are weak, it means you are hurting inside

• It is totally normal to be a little distraught after a break up, trust me I know how it feels, but just get up and go keep yourself occupied so you forget about it and you'll be fine!

• I greatly appreciate it! I will try to keep myself occupied :)

• Heya!!!
    Yeah definitely normal. You loved someone and y'all parted ways. It can hurt like a bitch. Don't worry doesn't make you less of a man. You have emotions and you have the right to express them Screw anyone who says other wise.
    take care. And stay happy :)

• Hey, it is completely ok to cry, it means you loved your girlfriend very much. Actually it is always better to let your emotions out than keep everything in and eventually explode. Those people who think men don't cry are the insecure types who also believe every gender stereotype. Always let your feelings out, it makes coping easier.😉

• Having feelings is very normal.

• It's not only normal, it's a healthy way to express your pain. Crying will help you deal with it so you can move through it.

• It just normal that you are angry an sad the best thing to do is hang with your friends an family they will help distract you from dont dwell on this it happens all the time.

What Guys Said 5

• When in relationship, there is so much unseen thread that connects us to our love ones. It is not always when there is a break, to disconnect is not always easy. It happens. But you have to pull yourself together.

• I agree, I appreciate the insight and advice. I never thought about how much is unseen and unspoken and we only realize it after we break up.

• Yeaa it's normal... It's OK cry as many times you want cause it's the mind way to get over that thing that is causing you to cry..

But the way what was the reason of breakup and who brokeup

• Course its normal. Whats abnormal is the inability to move on from it

• Normal

• NO, JUST BURY YOUR EMOTIONS LIKE A MAAANNNNNNNN